Question.

On the new map... are there areas only survivors pass through. They look wide enough as if you can fit but Ha! Gotcha!

I only ask because I was in a game and a survivor passed through a place I might not have been able to earlier or one that seemed to be the same size. Summing up the second part of my rant, this games hitsboxes are weird to be broken sometimes.

Comments

  • @SteveyHooves said:
    On the new map... are there areas only survivors pass through. They look wide enough as if you can fit but Ha! Gotcha!

    I only ask because I was in a game and a survivor passed through a place I might not have been able to earlier or one that seemed to be the same size. Summing up the second part of my rant, this games hitsboxes are weird to be broken sometimes.

    Welcome to DBD. We call these spot "fat shame" and they are often fixed sooner or later down the line. The new Pantry map has a really bad one with a log spawned next to the rock that looks like anyone could squeeze down but nope, not even survivors fit.

  • The new map is awful as killer. Always gives me it for some reason too.
  • If you come across it again can you grab a screenshot, or describe it so the devs know which spot you're talking about?

    @MegaWaffle said:

    @SteveyHooves said:
    On the new map... are there areas only survivors pass through. They look wide enough as if you can fit but Ha! Gotcha!

    I only ask because I was in a game and a survivor passed through a place I might not have been able to earlier or one that seemed to be the same size. Summing up the second part of my rant, this games hitsboxes are weird to be broken sometimes.

    Welcome to DBD. We call these spot "fat shame" and they are often fixed sooner or later down the line. The new Pantry map has a really bad one with a log spawned next to the rock that looks like anyone could squeeze down but nope, not even survivors fit.

    I'm not that surprised there's a new unpassable spot on there since they shrunk the map. At least they fixed the one with the log by the small boat.

  • The new map is awful as killer. Always gives me it for some reason too.
    Yup I know I posted about it a while ago. 
  • Naiad said:

    If you come across it again can you grab a screenshot, or describe it so the devs know which spot you're talking about?

    I took one when I first saw it in September. Kinda put off making the thread 

  • @SteveyHooves said:
    On the new map... are there areas only survivors pass through. They look wide enough as if you can fit but Ha! Gotcha!

    I only ask because I was in a game and a survivor passed through a place I might not have been able to earlier or one that seemed to be the same size. Summing up the second part of my rant, this games hitsboxes are weird to be broken sometimes.

    Those spots are called fatshaming spots and have been a thing sine survivor have a smaller hitbox than killers (which introduced looping too btw).

    If a player abuses this spots, the best you can do is trying to kill him ASAP (tunnel+camp) or completely ignore him because you will lose a lot of time at these spots

  • Master said:

    @SteveyHooves said:
    On the new map... are there areas only survivors pass through. They look wide enough as if you can fit but Ha! Gotcha!

    I only ask because I was in a game and a survivor passed through a place I might not have been able to earlier or one that seemed to be the same size. Summing up the second part of my rant, this games hitsboxes are weird to be broken sometimes.

    Those spots are called fatshaming spots and have been a thing sine survivor have a smaller hitbox than killers (which introduced looping too btw).

    If a player abuses this spots, the best you can do is trying to kill him ASAP (tunnel+camp) or completely ignore him because you will lose a lot of time at these spots

    No nothing like that. Just saw a survivor go through it when I couldn't. I confused and why the devs make a spot only survivors can through on a map to end looping. 

    It clearly looks like I could pass through that but I can't there are other spots smart than this people try squeeze through in coldwind farm me and few people and even the killer got tricked by it. Didn't take a screenshot but it's a thin tree next to one the boarded walls by the doors. If you play the game enough I'm sure you ran into. Even tried to go through it. But nope didn't work.