Killer Matchmaking
Why at rank 9 do I always get red ranks in my lobby? What is the point of the ranking system if it doesn't work? I have been trying to play killer as much as I can, since I am a solo. Solo survivor just isn't fun and at night, have about 5-10 minute queue time in the U.S. So I thought, I would play killer but, I can see why people don't. Almost all of my games I have at least two red ranks and very rarely see another purple rank. I will never get better at the game if I keep getting destroyed by people with thousands of hours in the game. If the matchmaking doesn't work correctly, can they just make a casual playlist with no ranks at all. I would rather play a mixed bag then play against 4 people that have as much time in the game as I have in my job.
I understand they are trying to implement sbmm, but I think this game needs a casual or non-ranked playlist. Let the try-hards play their ranked and let other people try to learn the game before assaulting them with people that will ruin their experience.
Comments
I have noticed a disparity in ranking recently that reminded me a little of when they first played with new ranking systems. In those, I experienced matches with 2 players significantly below my rank and 2 above. That was when matches were trying to match killers with the highest-ranking killer, which had mixed success.
Hopefully, when the team finalizes the new system, you'll be experiencing a much improved match-making! I do empathise with your predicament though. To make the best of a bad situation, try to learn how they play their mind games so that you're able to mimic those tactics in your future survivor games.