Matchmaking

Hello, I'm wondering why after I hit rank 5 survivor, I keep getting into games with other people that are rank 15-18, like what's the deal, can anyone explain me?

Comments

  • @headgrumble said:

    Hello, I'm wondering why after I hit rank 5 survivor, I keep getting into games with other people that are rank 15-18, like what's the deal, can anyone explain me?

    Too many people on one side (in this case survivor?) ->

    queues get too long ->

    rank based matchmaking filter grows wider and wider, from 6 ranks +/- until everything will be thrown together

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/264686/matchmaking

    Too many people on one side (in this case survivor?) ->

    queues get too long ->

    rank based matchmaking filter grows wider and wider, from 6 ranks +/- until everything will be thrown together

    Ahh, I see, alright, thank you very much! I was wondering because my waiting queue is almost always instant as a survivor and it takes like 5-10 minutes when I wanna play hunter

  • @headgrumble said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2345207#Comment_2345207

    Ahh, I see, alright, thank you very much! I was wondering because my waiting queue is almost always instant as a survivor and it takes like 5-10 minutes when I wanna play hunter

    Yeah since the event queue times got reversed. Before the re chapter killer was (and depending on region and time of the day is) instant and vice versa.

    If you get matched with rainbow ranks as survivor depsite having instant queue times then the others might have waited for a long time (maybe a 3 men swf?) And you get thrown into their lobby to fill.