My Opinion On Toxicity Overall
In DbD lots of people call certain things toxic like certain perks and many don't and disagree with people who say this calling them noobs. I mean in my opinion sitting in front of a survivor smacking him on hook just because your salty he looped you is unfair, ridiculous and toxic same as how sitting at a pallet and t-bagging when you stun the killer is unfair, ridiculous and toxic. My point is there are things both sides, Killer and Survivor are guilty for that ruin the gameplay experience and do to piss each other off the trick is to not let it bother you, be smarter and use their toxicity and salt to your advantage.
Obviously every player in DbD even the people on the forums that claim they never get mad have at least once gotten mad at getting face camped, tunnelled, t-bagged or flashlight clicked and personally I find that if you play the game for a 3-4 hour streak with no break you are eventually gonna come across either a toxic killer who despises your existence and tunnels you or a 4 man sweaty SWF and if it doesn't anger you the first time it will the next time or the time after that because in DbD players that do these things to piss each other off are more common than a Dwight sitting in a locker the trick is you just need to take a break and a breath go smoke a fag or have a drink or speak to a friend I don't know just do something other than sitting there playing game after game getting angrier and angrier at the game, the opposite players and the developers.
I mean lots of people say these players aren't toxic and to some degree I agree with that a lot of these players are just either bad at the game or like the people that get mad they're so angry they wanna be the "toxic" basement Bubba for once of the survivor T-Bagging every pallet and I understand this we we've all been mad at the game and we were all rank 20 noobs once. I remember as a rank 20 I used to complain about the game being killer sided but after getting good at the game I realised that if anything the game is severely survivor sided unless your solo queuing but even still the game is quite survivor sided if matchmaking has cocked the killer over and put him with a rank 8 when he's rank 14 which I see quite often these days.
As well as everything else lots of people blame the developers and honestly I think the developers do deserve partially some of the blame with them encouraging basement camping with some of the tome challenges and saying it's a legitimate strategy as well as refusing to nerf perks people have been complaining about such as NOED and Adrenaline but however nerfing perks that didn't need it such as Ruin. Despite all this though I mean when the developers did these things I highly doubt they we're thinking to themselves "let's make the game super unfun, infuriating and toxic" and if things that developers have said or added to the game are used in a toxic way that is mainly the communities fault because I mean in reality the DbD community is very toxic. I would just like to point out as well I am in no way happy with the developers of this game I would go as far as saying they're the most unresponsive developers I have ever seen but that's just my opinion and I know many people agree and disagree with that and it's not really something I want to go into at this point in time as it's a whole different can of worms when you start talking about the state of BHVR currently as well as the current boycott on Twitter. I'm only saying this because I don't want people saying I am up BHVR's arse supporting them doing anything as minor as clipping their own toenails because I am definitely not I however am not gonna sit here and accuse them of doing things they haven't done and they are not in any way the route cause of toxicity it's the communities and I honestly feel sorry for them because at times things they made and added with the intent to make the game more fun have been turned into infuriating things that people use just to be toxic.
Look I know many of you will disagree with this but I don't think every face camping Huntress is toxic I know and can tell the difference between toxicity and being desperate and fed up with this game, I would also like to say I do not in any way blame the developers for the toxicity and I am only annoyed with their inability to fix long lasting issues that people have complained about for a long time.
Comments