Ghost chests
Like...Iv'e watched chests open by themselves, why or how? Anyone knows? is it a mechanic that's part of the game that I'm not aware of?
Like...Iv'e watched chests open by themselves, why or how? Anyone knows? is it a mechanic that's part of the game that I'm not aware of?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
It's some kind of bug
I believe it's to do with optimisation
I think when you're a certain distance away, objects like chests and such aren't rendered and are 'culled' to use the correct term. My theory is if a survivor opens it while it's 'culled' on your side it doesn't update until you're close enough for it to be rendered again. Which then plays the sound and opens the chest. It only happens that one time, too and never again.