Tired of the Red Ranks

Disclosure: I play as a Rank 1 Killer (main is Demo/Trapper/Doc/Freddy) and a Rank 1-4 Survivor (Depends on the team I play with since I solo queue).


So I took a 1.5-2 year hiatus from the game due to boredom of the game and real life going on. Needless to say I came back and I was deranked back down to 20 on both sides. Only took me a day to get right back up to Rank 1 as a Killer. Being up at these high ranks usually excludes me from 90% of the communities issues that I see in the forums. I don't have issues with camping and tunneling, with tunneling being extremely rare. Nor do I deal with as heavily with the toxic SWF death squads as the mid-low ranks do. And my play style as a Killer would leave a lot of people desiring they wish they had me in their game since I don't play like those they despise.

With all that being said, my games shouldn't jump between fighting toxic potatoes and fending off toxic death squads. I want to enjoy the game at a consistent pace where I'm not tearing my hair out in frustration and I can actually play with the majority of the community I see in the forums. I enjoy playing different Killers and trying new things. For example, I just started playing Blight for the first time and I am still able to maintain Rank 1 but I can hardly try anything outside of the meta without getting gen rushed to death, bones destroyed almost immediately, or people who know how to play against a certain Killer. And oh man, the toxicity in the chat if I lose the game on a Killer I never played with or experimenting with builds I was trying out.

TLDR: Play red ranks constantly where I'm usually irritated, wishing I was where the average populace was at so I can actually enjoy playing Killers of a variety. Just venting.

Comments