Just my regular PSA that Steve’s perks are actually good.

AND they have great synergy with each other. Babysitter helps give you the info you need to get your Second Wind active, and Camaraderie and Second Wind have amazing synergy too.

It bums me out that Babysitter is misunderstood and unfairly compared to BT, because Babysitter is NOT an anti camping perk.

@TheClownIsKing said:

Babysitter: I like that when I do a hook save I can know immediately whether it’s safe to heal at the hook, or immediately leg it because I can see the killer returning, so I’ll make sure I run in an OPPOSITE direction to whoever was unhooked to lead the killer away from them. Players ask “why bother using this instead of BT?!”, and I ask “Why not use both?” If the killer insists on camping, I can do a rescue that gives that survivor endurance AND no scratch marks or blood trails making it highly difficult for the killer to tunnel if there are LoS blockers near the hook. And there’s also my distracting red aura in the killers face too. 

Camaraderie: when this perk works, it’s pretty special. When a teammate tries that last second save only for the killer to suddenly block their path, it’s great to have an extra 34 seconds for someone to still attempt a rescue of me. My only complaint about this perk as a solo player is I wish it gave other survivors an indicator so they can know that even if they can’t actually unhook me due to camping, someone can at least attempt getting into range to activate the extra struggle time. 

Second Wind: I really don’t understand why this perk is shunned. When used with Babysitter it often results in a quick easy activation of Second Wind if it can be seen that the killer is NOT immediately returning to the hook. When active, to be rescued from the hook, and immediately get back to resuming gen repairs and be insta-healed 30 seconds later is a HUGE time saver. This is even MORE special in conjunction with Camaraderie. A camping killer can go from thinking confidently they’ve just secured a sacrifice due to mere seconds left on the sacrifice timer, only to have that time extended by 34 seconds, still get rescued, not manage to achieve a hit within 30 seconds and that survivor is now back to healthy. From almost sacrificed, to rescued AND healthy in less than 64 seconds.

@TheClownIsKing said:

“Why would you use Babysitter instead of BT?!”

You don’t. Or just use both.

Babysitter is NOT meant to be a substitute for BT. Babysitter’s help as an anti camping tool is MEANT to be marginal.

Babysitter serves 2 unique purposes that other perks cannot do.

1). It tells YOU, the rescuer, if it’s is safe enough to heal at the hook or not. If you do not see the killer immediately returning to the hook, try to heal at the hook for the sake of time efficiency.

2). Babysitter is meant to help counter the type of killer behaviour whereby the killer doesn’t actively camp the hook, BUT always returns to a hook immediately when a rescue occurs. You are meant to be a distraction that takes aggro AWAY from the rescued survivor so they have a chance to disappear. Even if the killer ignores you, the only scratch marks they will see around the hook are yours.

“But I could just wait till I hear the TR, and then rescue them to give them BT”

It is better to give a teammate a higher probability of disappearing before the killer gets close enough, rather than wait till the killer is close enough for a BT activation. BT doesn’t necessarily stop tunnelling, it simply buys a camped survivor more time. If a killer hits an unhooked survivor with Endurance, but still decides in persisting to tunnel them, there’s nothing stopping them. So if the choice is between helping a teammate disappear entirely, or take an additional hit yet still be hassled, Babysitter is 100% the better choice against a killer NOT camping, but rushes back to the hook almost all the time.

To be 100% CLEAR I want to state that I’m not saying Babysitter is better than BT. I’m saying they serve drastically different purposes. As anti camping measure, BT shines best. For the two intended purposes of Babysitter i’ve posted here, BT cannot provide help with these 2 aspects.


Comments

  • They're mostly just "meh".

    Secondwind is easily the most useful out of all of them. The time saved after being unhooked is great if the killer is nearby and decides to tunnel. Even if getting a full heal before getting hooked is a bit uncommon.

    Babysitter is very situational. It requires the killer to not be undetectable, (as it stops the aura reading), and to not be too close to the hook, and for the survivor you saved to start running away instead of being healed. Not too useful most of the time from my experience.

    Camaraderie is completely useless unless your team mates don't know how to unhook. It only shines if you're in a game where people loop around the hook and don't lure the killer away.

    Overall, I think they need some buffs.

  • @SirCracken said:

    They're mostly just "meh".

    Secondwind is easily the most useful out of all of them. The time saved after being unhooked is great if the killer is nearby and decides to tunnel. Even if getting a full heal before getting hooked is a bit uncommon.

    Babysitter is very situational. It requires the killer to not be undetectable, (as it stops the aura reading), and to not be too close to the hook, and for the survivor you saved to start running away instead of being healed. Not too useful most of the time from my experience.

    Camaraderie is completely useless unless your team mates don't know how to unhook. It only shines if you're in a game where people loop around the hook and don't lure the killer away.

    Overall, I think they need some buffs.

    Still though, there’s few things as satisfying than a killer thinking they’ve secured a kill because I’m seconds away from being sacrificed, but instead Camaraderie managed to activate, I get unhooked, and 20 seconds later I’m back to full health. Feels good.