Could there be other ways to counter killers besides pallet looping?

Yes, I know there’s juking and utilizing jungle gym windows. There’s flashlights. But could there be other mechanics the devs could add to defend themselves besides just running in circles around safety pallets? Maybe like a trap that could be set? And let’s say you notice a teammate is getting tunneled, instead of doing the usual body blocking, you could set a trap in the route the killers headed.

I am pretty much done with this game but I do love it and think it has more potential. I’m just currently bored of how things are. I enjoy brainstorming new ideas 

Comments

  • SWF.WITH.TRAPS

    that's all i have to say

  • You can use breaking line of sight.
    I admit, it has become a lot harder since the beginning of the game due to certain perks, but it still works sometimes.

    Use iron will for example, works wonders for me because the killer cant tunnel you when he doesnt find you :)

    Now lets assume that the devs would introduce additional ways to defend yourself from the killer, that would need a massive rework of the game because what would prevent survivors from employing both tactics, looping and the new one?

  • SIX said:

    SWF.WITH.TRAPS

    that's all i have to say

    Well if they added more defense mechanics, they could remove more pallets. I just want survivors to have a defense mechanic that takes more skill than running in circles around safety pallets