Why most Evil Within enemies don't work!

This isn't to hate on the idea of The Evil Within as a potential chapter for Dead by Daylight. I actually love The Evil Within (especially 2), so it'd be really cool to see it come in, but a lot of enemies within the series don't really work for one reason or another.

I think that I'll be better able to explain why this is as we go down the list of candidates for this possible chapter:

Ruvik (The Mastermind)

  • He has a teleportation power, as well as mind-manipulation powers. These would be too akin to that of The Nurse and The Doctor. Aside from this, there's no real ability to expand on his Power within himself. He's just a (relatively more) tame Doctor.

Laura (The Memory)

  • Would just be another Demogorgon or Hag. I'm not even joking and I'm not even pulling the punch here.

Safe Head (The Safe Head)

  • His only primary ability is constantly being able to come back as a new Safe Head. This means that Survivors would have to, for the first time, be able to actually "defeat" The Killer through conventional horror game means. Would be cool, but doesn't seem like something BHVR would do.
  • Then again, it could also try to kill itself to go into one of many, many different Safe Head locations on the map.

Theodore Wallace (The Priest)

  • I don't think BHVR would be so bold as to create a Killer designed to turn into other monsters. Plus, why Theodore? The dude sucks as an antagonist and a killer.

Anima (The Whisper)

  • Would just be either another Nurse or Spirit with a Lullaby.
  • Also the fact her only attack is an instant kill is more than enough to warrant her not being included.
  • Side note: She disturbs me.

So this leaves me with one final potential Killer for this potential chapter, and it's one I don't think anyone would've seen coming. Sure, there are a lot of iconic creatures and antagonists in The Evil Within, but I think the single best idea for a Killer is...

Stefano Valentini (The Artist)

  • While he sports a teleportation ability derivative of The Nurse, as well as the proficiency to throw knives, akin to Huntress, he himself has something that no other Killer actually has.
  • Taking a look at his moveset, you see that Stefano has the ability to slow down time within pockets of space for a short period of time. This can allow him to either slow down a Survivor or even throw live grenades as slowly exploding traps at loops.
  • Stefano also possesses two minions by his side; either the gargantuan and sadistic Guardian, or the imposing and twisted Obscura.
  • Obscura could easily be a part of his Power, possibly as a way to completely halt generator progress until she is defeated in a certain manner or after some time passes.
  • While most characters in The Evil Within really have only one ability (and most of them are very derivative of other Killers we have in this game), Stefano stands out as having multiple abilities and potential within him to actually be the most unique Killer in the game.

If we were to have an Evil Within chapter of Dead by Daylight, I feel like it'd probably be in the best interest for the parties involved (if this ever happens) to choose the Killer wisely. In my honest opinion, a lot of the horrors from the games don't really have anything unique or interesting to add to the table, but I think Stefano could provide a complete change in gameplay that this game desperately needs.

Comments