Concept rework for keys
Remove interaction with hatch for one. I dont understand why is this even a thing. Hatch is last chance for solo survivor to bail out, nothing more, nothing less. I dont know who made connection from that, to full team escape at worst case, but may god have mercy upon their soul.
Okay, so its pretty simple. Make keys unlock powered exit gates instantly (except broken key of course), and make them always track exit gates if you use aura read/if you hold them. They of course dont disappear after use. To be used mainly if you are getting chased, or if killer closed the hatch and they patrol gates. It can be even triggered from some distance for what i care, honestly. Its useful, goes with the theme, and will make people actually use keys for aura reding properties.
Even most add ons go well with that, with one exception being Milky Glass. But that can be changes to simply track hatch, useful stuff even if you cannot open it by yourself. Opinions?
Comments
i dont think opening the exit gate is the right way to go
I definitely think the hatch should disappear but I think being able to open an exit gate is just way too weak.
I mean, yeah, it is weaker than opening hatch. But thats the point. Its supposed to be regular item, not get out of jail free card. I dont want to turn one op BS into another op BS.
Well I don't think turning an OP item into a completely useless item is the right way to go either. It should be more balanced than that.
Aight, quick reminder for you. In the past Moris used to kill people no matter how many times they got hooked, they got balanced. Brand New Parts used to INSTANTLY REPAIR GENERATOR upon use, they dont anymore, they got balanced. Keys are basically unchanged since old days.
See what im saying? Keys are broken remnant of the past that should be changed long time ago alongside other things. For some reason they didnt. And this is why people have problems with them. And so do i. So i want to change them from being atrocity, into actual item. On item strenght level, not better than most perks strenght level.
Yeah I think keys should be changed like how moris were changed. Moris and keys aren't really comparable tho because back in the day a killer could just kill you while playing the game completely normally. If you bring in a key and want 4 survivors out you have to do all 5 generators and then go out of your way to find the hatch. Even if you just want 2 people out the hatch you still have to at least do 3 generators. It's not the same as just hooking everybody once and ending the game for free.
I just want keys to retain their aura reading capabilities tbh. That's all I care about I like using them to see where the killer is but can't use them because I don't want to put that kind of stress on killers lol.
If they ever change keys so that they don't make killers pull their hair out when they see them I'll actually use them.
The best idea I've seen is hatch doesn't spawn till all gens are complete or last survivor standing. That way they're nice, but not game breaking. As for the broken key, I like the idea of it opening the exit gate, but faster not entirely.
Keys are hurting everyone right now. You bring them, you get tunneled to ground as survivor. As killer you tunnel to get rid of it and you stress out.
Would be nice for them to be normal item, instead of S class danger object.