Players Prior to the Update of "The Game" Map

To the players that played "The Game", or "Gideon Meat Plant", before and after the rework:

  • Do you guys prefer the old version of the map or the new version's layout?
  • And was the old version of the map better for Survivors or for the Killer?

I'm not talking about the design of it, I'm talking about the layout of it.

Comments

  • Not sure what you mean by layout, but I'll assume it means balance.

    I prefer the old version immensely in terms of balance. The old version, however, was one of the few truly killer sided maps in DBD, along with the pre-rework Shelter Woods and pre-rework Lery's.

    The new Game is extremely survivor sided and frankly just boring to play on. There's no interesting gameplay, it's just 37 completely safe pallets. It sucks. At least the old Game had mindgameable pallets.

  • The Old version was much better, by a long shot. It had better visuals and, despite some strong pallets, it was much more fair

    But to be honest, when it really came down to it the old version was killer sided, perhaps one of the deadliest maps in DBD. A paradise for stealth killers, and a nice hunting ground for most of the others.

  • The old one was harder to see in, and slightly less survivor sided. The new one has endless god pallets and looks better because you can actually see.

  • Visually new one is better

    Gameplay-wise, old one is better

  • I agree with everyone else here. The new map is better visually and navigation wise, I can not tell you how many times I got turned around and lost track of where I was and what direction I needed to move to get to where I wanted to go in the old map. It wasn't mostly because it was so hard to see anything in the old version but the floorplan and where the stairs were located wasn't also that clear.

    The new version is a lot nicer looker, easier to find where you are and where the points of interest are so you don't get lost as often if ever. I think I've gotten "lost" on the new version three, maybe four times and that was only because of the breakable walls blocking my path to where I wanted to go at the time and not because I couldn't see where I wanted to go. The new map is very boring though, with nothing but pallets that offer very little in any actual gameplay because they are all very safe or obviously unsafe so you drop them and leave the tile, no chance for mindgames at semi-safe or fake-safe pallets. The amount of pallets is also a problem.

    I'm sure a happy middle ground between the old version and the current version could be reached, but we'll never see that happen.