Killer queue time (semi-technical semi-long read)

First the scenario I'm having, as survivor I can instantly join a lobby, but as a killer I have to wait for at least 5 min before the first survivor ever shows up, then I might be able to start a game if the lobby doesn't fk up.

What I deduced from here is:

  1. There is a set number of killer lobbies tagged as "to be processed" (tbp) which the server assigns survivors to join,
    those not tagged as such will not get any survivors joining until a lobby slot is free.

  2. As I can instantly join a lobby as survivor almost anytime of a day, it shows that the tagged lobbies are in a huge number.

  3. Based on the fact that there's the entire 5 min long idle time for my killer lobby, tagged lobbies occupying the tbp slots leaves really slowly. And I also "feel" that with such speed the matchmaking server isn't assigning survivors to the tagged lobbies simultaneously.

So to speed up the notifying process to free up tbp slots,
why not move the lobbies out of the tbp slots as soon as 4 survivors are assigned,
and if something changes (survivors dodges, and whatever reason there aren't 4 survivors anymore),
the lobby which is now out of the tbp slots can resend a queue request with a special tag so it can jump the queue ahead of normal queues, just by theory there's no idle time for killer lobbies to have that 5 min wait this way.

Of course the above are all my assumptions, but couldn't be all wrong and could be some insights to the devs on how to improve killer queue time.

To put it in words a normal human being can understand easier,
I feel like the killer queue mechanics feels like 6-pack beer production line, there's 1 final QA guy at the end of the line to confirm the newly made pack is fine, and signal the whole production line to make the next 6-pack, instead of keeping it moving onward, and resend any faulty final product at the end of the line to remake.

Edit: formatting

Comments

  • For some reason, after every patch the lobbies are completely #########.
    But thats fine for me, I take a break after rank reset anyway^^

    Btw, I cant get lobbies as survivor either :lol:

  • I can get lobbies instantly as survivor, just not full ones every time.

    Also main reason survivors dodge lobbies is bad ping (second is there is another survivor(s) they don't want to play with such as known DC'er) - I don't want the same high ping lobby keep popping up for me.

  • Side note,

    I remember a time I was continuously playing as killer,
    the queue time should have gone worse because I wouldn't have stand the 5 min idle back then.

    Now I don't touch killer at all because of the long wait, and for real, I switched to other games which I can keep playing without those idle time.