Let’s talk Nemesis vaccine. To use or not to use, that is the question.

I’m on PS4, so all this is very new to me since I can’t play PTB.

Anyway, why use the vaccine? Is the benefit worth the trouble? Details are.....limited. So while I think I understand it well enough, I’m hoping this thread could be useful to others.

The way I see it, it’s really just a tool to try to deny the killer his power - or at least delay it. This in essence buys you an extra hit.

Yes, Nemesis gains some progression to his power when he infects you with the tentacle. For this reason, I at first thought that using the vaccine was a poor choice because it gives him an opportunity to infect you again for more progression.

This thinking is flawed though. He gains most of his progression by inuring infected survivors. If you’re not infected, he generally won’t punch at you until he lands that first tentacle hit. This buys you a lot of time. When you use the vaccine, you reset this scenario so that he may not M1 you right away. Furthermore, if you’re not infected, then his tentacle is not an injury threat to you, which is nice!


Anyway, that’s my take on it. Correct me if I’m wrong somewhere, or feel free to expand upon this topic.

Comments

  • With the Franklin's nerf you all better be using the damn things since they were the reason for the nerf in the first place!

  • If you use the vaccines, Zombies also cant hurt you.

  • Using the vaccines makes him hit you an extra time with his tentacle attack. Definitely worth doing.

    IMO, I don’t think the first hit with a tentacle attack should give them a speed boost either

  • Using a vaccine gives you an extra state where his tentacle and zombies can't hurt you, at the cost of revealing your location to him. I'd say the benefits outweigh the negatives in this case.