Why is my rank so damn Important to some people

Not calling anyone out here but it's been brought up a few times on here recently I guess I've just had enough of it. Why is my rank so damn Important to you it's not even a real measure of skill as has been proven over and over so when I post or comment don't ask what my rank is and don't assume I'm low rank because I don't like something.

Here are some examples I have as to why rank does not matter and is not a true skill level.

I can pip up just by saving 3 people 0ff the hook.

I can pip just by hitting survivors and damaging gens with 1 or 2 hook stages.

I can pip by doing 1 and a half gens and breaking 1 totem.

I can pip just by tunnelling alone.

So as you can see I can be the worst player in the world and still be high in rank so when I post something stop asking what my rank is it's stupid too even think you're good when you're in red ranks because chances are you aren't.

Comments

  • I agree with you that in general your worth of a player should not be based on your rank, however I do believe that it does definitely matter to some extent. Just in general red ranks can be bad but will almost always be better than a rank 20, it's not great but it definitely has some value to it. Staying consistently rank 1 can sometimes be tough to do because even 1 depip will derank you to 2, so I kind of see it as 20 - 2 is one set of players, and consistently 1 is another set.

    If people are taking issue with your rank when discussing the balance of the game I could see why people could be upset because if someone doesn't have a lot of experience or knowledge in the game their idea may not be helpful or would be misguided because they just aren't as skilled. I'm not saying you aren't skilled I'm highlighting why people may think that way. In any fighting game balancing the game around the newer players is not a good idea.