I have a problem and I need a fun solution
So as survivor my rank is 6 I do not know how I got here or why I'm here I do not deserve it me and my friend play survivor every once and a while and just mess around y'know the usual double no mither david, only OwO laurie, self care only cluad stuff like that. and somehow he is only rank 14. I however am rank 6 so how do I get down from here I am scared of heights and I need a fun way to derank so I can be where I finally belong back down in yellow rank. Again if anyone knows how tf I got here please tell me so I don't do it again. I've been running No Mither, Sould Guard, UB, and Dead Hard just trying to mess around and derank but it- it just doesn't work so please help me
Comments
Dont really worry about it, ranks dont necessarily matter in this game, theyre just a personal achievement at this point.
All you being higher rank does is give you a slightly higher chance to go against a streamer or the VERY rare god tier killer
Well its the fact that I don't know how to loop, I can only run the killer in extreme cases and I have no confidence in my abilities. I've let my team down more times than I can count. I am an actual gray rank in purples I can deal with brand new killers thats about it. I just don't wanna cause problems for the people who are actually good at this game on the survivor side y'know.
Thats completely understandable but dont worry, those who play solo Q dont really expect much from their team anyway, and if they do then thats on them
Looping as well is not the main skill as a survivor, while it certainly helps being a good teammate helps even more, just keep this is mind: always have at least one person on a generator at all times, and dont result to stealth all the time, when ever the opportunity arises practice your loops, there are plenty of guides out there on YouTube and if you want I can also give you a few pointers
Sorry for the late response I was out doing some things.
Thanks though that really does help me feel better about it
All you need to do is know how to do gens and safely save your teammates. Holding W and throwing the occasional pallet should be enough when it comes to chases. You'd be screwing people over more by throwing the game to derank than you would be simply playing the game.
And I wouldn't be worried if you think you're not good enough to be in the higher ranks, the vast majority of people who play this game are either terrible at the game or simply don't care and just play for fun, not worrying about the outcome of a match.
I do agree with what @Shroompy said. If the Killer comes to you, take advantage of it. Learn, practice and improve if you feel it. (No one forces you to improve, but if you want to, don't think about how good you do, but what your learnt from a mistake or a good play.)
Most important: have fun. If improving is part of the fun for you, go for it! If you feel it's too stressful, maybe try to focus on what you like to do in the game. But when you start to understand how to run the Killer, I find it's the most fun part. Being like: are they going to go double back? Shoud I drop the pallet now?
Since I'm watching people on YouTube and Twitch, I have a better understanding of what to do. Then, it's only a question of practice (and fun).