What if Sole Survivor encouraged being away from teammates?
Sole Survivor right now only benefits when your team dies which isn’t really what anyone wants. I was thinking that Sole Survivor should instead benefit you from being away from teammates throughout the match. It keeps the identity of the perk by being a “sole survivor” and there are a few ways that you can design the perk.
Now, this idea I had could come with some downsides. Survivors spreading out is a problem in the game because of bad map design making it almost impossible for most killers in the roster to create pressure. Sole Survivor could encourage that gameplay even more for survivors.
I think the concept of this idea could have some potential for some fun healthy gameplay, but it needs to be done right. Here’s what I was thinking:
- After repairing a generator solo for 50%, Sole Survivor gains a token up to a maximum of 3 tokens. Each token grants the inability for the killer to read your aura while in a radius of 20/22/24 meters up to a maximum of 60/66/72 meters.
- If you are the obsession, then you can see the killer’s aura for 5 seconds whenever you gain a token.
- Increases your chances of being the obsession.
I tried to keep the concept of Sole Survivor while also trying to make it more about awarding you for doing your objective rather than awarding you for your team getting killed. I also added the benefit of seeing the killer’s aura for 5 seconds after gaining a token if you’re the obsession which kind of only encourages one survivor to run the perk per match. Not sure if this idea is the best but it’s something that I had in mind. It would be good if I can get some feedback from this idea because we all know Sole Survivor is in desperate need of a rework.
Comments