Boon Totems & Retribution: I’m probably getting way ahead of myself here.

Once Boons are introduced, this could actually be the buff that Retribution needs: that it not only applies Oblivious to survivors cleansing dull totems, but applies oblivious to a survivor for ANY interaction with a dull totem, such as activating their boon.

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Hmm. Assuming they do make it a new Totem state after cleansing (rather than a new interaction itself), it would probably be a good thing to do that.

    I can't recall, but does Retribution only apply the duration of Oblivious after fully cleansing, or is an Oblivious effect applied while cleansing in a similar manner to Demo's Portals?

    No, it’s only applied after the cleansing action is complete. Otherwise it gives Retribution away too early.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Hmm. Assuming they do make it a new Totem state after cleansing (rather than a new interaction itself), it would probably be a good thing to do that.

    I can't recall, but does Retribution only apply the duration of Oblivious after fully cleansing, or is an Oblivious effect applied while cleansing in a similar manner to Demo's Portals?

    That...would actually be a pretty solid buff to retribution

    making interactions with totems in general to a hex perk that could be pretty big buff


    and to the Op, if thats how it works then that would be pretty good as well, Boon totems are making me excited

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2239574#Comment_2239574

    Hmm, perhaps if it did apply while cleansing as well, once Boons are out, if you bring the Hex Retribution it could act as a deterrent to postpone setting up a boon and instead finding Retribution first, and Retribution would fall more into an anti-Boon Perk. Especially if you bring Retribution/Undying so if a Survivor interacts with a Dull Totem, they know you can see their Aura, and they can't hear you coming if they are intent on setting it up.

    Hmmm... can’t say I like that from a balance perspective. I don’t think deterrents to activating a perk a player chose to bring into the game is the way to. A downside afterward, yeah. But not what you’re suggesting.

  • correct me if I'm wrong but... didn't they just say "we're doing a thing called boon totems" and not elaborate any further?

    why are you comboing boon totems with retribution? did someone say what boon totems are?

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    correct me if I'm wrong but... didn't they just say "we're doing a thing called boon totems" and not elaborate any further?

    why are you comboing boon totems with retribution? did someone say what boon totems are?

    They also added “adding a new way for survivors to interact with dull totems”