60 Second All-Players Desync

I was playing a match on the Suffocation Pits, as the Nurse against four other survivors playing as Feng Min.

I was using the perks; BBQ and Chili, Nurses Calling, Discordance and Hex:Ruin

I was using the addons; Kavanagh's Last Breath and Torn Bookmark.


As I was chasing a player around the mineshaft building that spawns on the upper end of the map, I accidentaly chainblinked into a rope prop hanging on the right wall (when moving from the bottom section of the map), next to the doorway.

20210529233129_1.jpg


My animation began to stutter as the wall blocked me, but I stayed in the blink for about half a second more and I ended up with my camera inside the hanging rope prop. I could not move and I entered fatigue, however after the fatigue, I was expulsed back out but I could no longer blink or interract with any objects.

All survivors were technically "there" performing their last action before the dessync, such as fixing a generator. All animations and effects were functional, including survivors failing skillchecks.

20210529233207_1.jpg

This went on until three of the survivors left. I could move around freely and spectate them, but they could not see me as our gamestates were likely different.

After about half a minute, I was notified that three survivors disconnected. I now had the option to intteract with objects again, however I could not finish any and the animation would cancel.

After about a minute since it began I was returned to the position I was expulsed from the rope to, and I could see the last remaining survivor running about confused.

In the end-game chat she told me she was stuck fixing the generator, however it refused to complete.


It is very unclear to me if the odd blink behaviour is a cause or result of the desync, but I thought this was worth mentioning. It did not seem act like an usual disconnect at all, as all players were technically there the entire time and it lasted so long without kicking people out.

Comments