The clown laughs at your DS

I'm not sure if all my Killer mains know this, but did you know the Clown semi-counters DS?

Next time you down someone that has DS, try this:

reload your bottles, then smack one straight down on the slug, then pick them up, and stand in the cloud. The DS skillcheck goes off, but the whole time you are stunned, they are slowed and coughing. I've not lost many DS using the clown once I thought of this, even in corn fields. the coughing is a entity send. They just can't get far enough away.

Comments

  • But Enduring already counters DS! And dribbling!
    No need to nerf it!
  • How do you dribble? I have pushed every button, and i can't drop the guy.

    Also, enduring on a clown pulling this trick, pretty much guarantees they don't escape. They will still be slowed when your stun wears off.

  • @SmokePotion said:
    I'm not sure if all my Killer mains know this, but did you know the Clown semi-counters DS?

    Next time you down someone that has DS, try this:

    reload your bottles, then smack one straight down on the slug, then pick them up, and stand in the cloud. The DS skillcheck goes off, but the whole time you are stunned, they are slowed and coughing. I've not lost many DS using the clown once I thought of this, even in corn fields. the coughing is a entity send. They just can't get far enough away.

    I though that too.
    I just played clown and got hit twice by non-obession DS out of nowhere. I am ready to retire my clown again :wink:

  • @DeadByFlashlight said:

    @SmokePotion said:
    I'm not sure if all my Killer mains know this, but did you know the Clown semi-counters DS?

    Next time you down someone that has DS, try this:

    reload your bottles, then smack one straight down on the slug, then pick them up, and stand in the cloud. The DS skillcheck goes off, but the whole time you are stunned, they are slowed and coughing. I've not lost many DS using the clown once I thought of this, even in corn fields. the coughing is a entity send. They just can't get far enough away.

    I though that too.
    I just played clown and got hit twice by non-obession DS out of nowhere. I am ready to retire my clown again :wink:

    Yeah those hidden DS will get you... But hey, at least you can get the obvious one

  • Eh it helps but DS is still annoying as hell. Plus this only works on the obsession, not the 3 secret DS users you aren't prepared for (because everyone has it).

    Guess it's better than nothing though.
  • I'm not sure if all my Killer mains know this, but did you know the Clown semi-counters DS?

    Next time you down someone that has DS, try this:

    reload your bottles, then smack one straight down on the slug, then pick them up, and stand in the cloud. The DS skillcheck goes off, but the whole time you are stunned, they are slowed and coughing. I've not lost many DS using the clown once I thought of this, even in corn fields. the coughing is a entity send. They just can't get far enough away.

    this is just something every clown should do. Nothing big. Combine with enduring and watch for the DCs.
  • How do you dribble? I have pushed every button, and i can't drop the guy.

    Also, enduring on a clown pulling this trick, pretty much guarantees they don't escape. They will still be slowed when your stun wears off.

    Check your controls and assign a button to Drop survivor button.
  • Enduring with Flask of Bleach. I got told by a four man all with DS that I was a toxic try-hard.

  • How do you dribble? I have pushed every button, and i can't drop the guy.

    Also, enduring on a clown pulling this trick, pretty much guarantees they don't escape. They will still be slowed when your stun wears off.

    Check your controls and assign a button to Drop survivor button.
  • @SmokePotion said:
    How do you dribble? I have pushed every button, and i can't drop the guy.

    Also, enduring on a clown pulling this trick, pretty much guarantees they don't escape. They will still be slowed when your stun wears off.

    R on PC,
    O on Playstation,
    and I would guess B on Xbox?
    Note that you have to hold the button for about a second, not just press it.

  • Thank you both, i figured it out. It's been a handy tool in the right circumstance.