Really bad connection issues last night / this morning?

I played a session from roughly 11 pm to 3 am this morning and WOW, were there connection issues galore. I was disconnected while on the main menu, a game was closed after "launching" because "a player disconnected before the match", and at one point my game sputtered so bad that I literally just ran to a somewhat safe spot and held the crouch button for almost a solid minute before the slideshow ended.

And there was more. Out of maybe 25 games (I was in and out and doing a lot of bloodweb stuff in between matches) I'd say that honestly at least 15 of them had DCs. Additionally there were at least four AFKs that I can remember. In one match I downed the survivor then, once I realized that she wasn't wiggling, dropped her and walked away to let her be healed. After the healing she still hadn't move, so I downed her again, picked her up, and ran around trying to find a teammate to watch me drop her and nod at her like "hey, you're down a survivor, that isn't fair so I'm gonna let you guys win". They didn't get it so finally at the EGC I tried to carry the AFK survivor to the gate, hoping for the best, but then they DC'd in my arms. This was as Plague on Coldwind. Another match (two in a row, actually) was as Plague on Coldwind. Then there was one as Pig on Yamaoka (in this case a fellow survivor caught on to what I was doing and simply took the heal points as I waited and repeatedly downed the AFK player). Lastly I was Plague on Haddonfield and I went after two Claudettes. I hooked one, she was saved, but she was slow so I hooked her right away again. Knowing how crummy that feels I immediately left, knowing that the other Claudette would help. But she didn't, she DC'd. I felt terrible as the hooked Claudette died. Then I ran all over, looking for the final survivor, only to see her in the street - pointing, repeatedly - I mean over and over and over - as crows circled her head. I moved around and saw that she was apparently AFK too. I downed her and brought her to the hatch, and this time I was surprised to see that she "came to". She hopped out of my arms, bowed to thank me, and escaped.

This.......this is insane. Literally like 20 people were having connection / AFK issues over the course of the night. Did this happen to anyone else?

Comments

  • Yeah man, I have also have ping issues. Used to play at a stable 40 but now it doesn’t go under 60

  • @aroell said:

    Yeah man, I have also have ping issues. Used to play at a stable 40 but now it doesn’t go under 60

    Have you played over the last, say, six hours by any chance? That's the only time I've played the vanilla game this week (was in the PTB for a couple days, didn't play for a couple of days before that) and the amount of connection issues between all the matches was like nothing I've ever seen.

  • @miketheratguy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2225159#Comment_2225159

    Have you played over the last, say, six hours by any chance? That's the only time I've played the vanilla game this week (was in the PTB for a couple days, didn't play for a couple of days before that) and the amount of connection issues between all the matches was like nothing I've ever seen.

    Yeah, I played a little and kept getting ######### ping and disconnected for no reason. Btw my wifi is really good and I’m connected with a cable so it’s definitely not my internet

  • @aroell said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2225164#Comment_2225164

    Yeah, I played a little and kept getting ######### ping and disconnected for no reason. Btw my wifi is really good and I’m connected with a cable so it’s definitely not my internet

    Exactly the same here, wired and all. Everything else I've messed with works just fine, great DL and UL speeds. It's definitely the game. I assumed that there'd be some slow matchmaking or other similar issues with all the PTB traffic, but instead the sheer amount of connection drops for so many people in my games has been really surprising.

  • @miketheratguy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2225168#Comment_2225168

    Exactly the same here, wired and all. Everything else I've messed with works just fine, great DL and UL speeds. It's definitely the game. I assumed that there'd be some slow matchmaking or other similar issues with all the PTB traffic, but instead the sheer amount of connection drops for so many people in my games has been really surprising.

    Same! Every single game I play I always get a stable connection and good ping except dbd. I just want to play a game without crashing lol