Info for those banned on Oct 13th but are not rage quitters
Thought I might save others the trouble, although I do admit the DBD team responded really fast to my questions even when I submitted them over the weekend.
I live in NC, and was on the outskirts of both hurricanes (Florence+Michael) this past month. I wasn't in the direct path and had work cancelled, so I played more DBD. I believe there was a period where I ended up getting 3-4 dcs, so I stopped playing. The weather was messing with my ISP and I went from having great connection to poor connection.
Played another week or two after that, never dcing or quitting - then was banned on Oct 13 in the ban wave. I reached out to the team, offering letters from my ISP and an explanation. I was told they would be unwilling to do anything, and that I should "check to make sure my connection is stable" next time. How on earth I am supposed to check if my connection is stable when a hurricane is 100 miles from me and may either affect me or not affect me at all - is beyond me. Hopefully they give me a good answer that I can implement next time.
Anyways, for those of you out there who do not ragequit, and were banned for whatever reason - expect no support from their team. I went from being really excited about this game and telling my friends to buy it to seriously considering just going back to PUBG only. Depending on if my friends want to keep playing now that I cant (we bought it to play together), i may just drop this game, and it really sucks that they are unwilling to look past natural disasters.
Comments
i doubt you will continue dcing after this, so its working as intended.
It's very tricky with DCing which is why you have to take a firm stance on it, anyone could say anything to try and get out of a ban, however I've seen people DC more than 4 times who are not banned, so I don't think four DC's is what got you banned and you're simply looking for an excuse.
Lowebei, I play SWF. Why would I dc on my own friends?
Well if any admin would be willing to look at my account and if they see dcs >5 since I bought the game, outside of the dates my ISP had issues, Id gladly accept a permaban and move on.