"Auto-ban System" is a massive red flag
I know everyone is giddy over Nemesis right now. But a part of the stream I just witnessed filled me with with a deep, haunting dread.
We all know that the current chat filter, that you cannot turn off, is a complete failure. There's already been many posts exposing how broken it is. Often character names and words that are already in the game will be censored in hilarious fashion. And you seriously expect me believe that the devs can develop a functioning AI that detects toxicity?
Lets say that some players get into a match and the gens get completed but the killer manages to down a survivor. The only possible option for them is to camp the person on hook. They cannot close the gates. They cannot down anyone else. They can only try to secure their kill. Now the survivors report the killer for being "toxic" and those survivors tell their friends about how their team mate was camped and to report the killer that camped them. That killer then gets banned because a bunch of whiney children decided that their way of playing the game wasn't ok.
To the devs: Stop working on this system. It will not work and only make the environment of DBD even more toxic than it already is.
Comments
I've just noticed the other posts highlighting this issue.
I am relieved that I'm not the only person that's worried about this. The devs need to know that this is not ok.