Excuse my ignorance but

What's the difference between the BP earned during the game and the BP earned post game. Does it just mean you gain more BP during the game with your actions and post game BP just gives you bps for completing the match? Which would be better to use too between post game and during the game?

Comments

  • The BP during the game is just showing you how much you are earning for that action in that category, which is then all tallied post-match to show you the grand total.

    For example, as Huntress I have maxed out the chase BP. So, during the game, it tells me the BP for that chase but also says Max. I can't earn anymore BP in that category this match.

    At the end, it'll tally that chase BP with the other BP categories, and show me the grand total earned for that match.

    Sometimes you will see a post-match bonus also added in, which is the bonus given by any Perks or Add-Ons you had slotted. Such as BBQ stacks, a buff to BP in a certain category from an add-on, and so forth.

  • Kilmeran said:

    The BP during the game is just showing you how much you are earning for that action in that category, which is then all tallied post-match to show you the grand total.

    For example, as Huntress I have maxed out the chase BP. So, during the game, it tells me the BP for that chase but also says Max. I can't earn anymore BP in that category this match.

    At the end, it'll tally that chase BP with the other BP categories, and show me the grand total earned for that match.

      Ok thanks!!! Been playing for 2 years and just now have I thought about that!
  • @PhantomMask20763 said:
    Kilmeran said:

    The BP during the game is just showing you how much you are earning for that action in that category, which is then all tallied post-match to show you the grand total.

    For example, as Huntress I have maxed out the chase BP. So, during the game, it tells me the BP for that chase but also says Max. I can't earn anymore BP in that category this match.

    At the end, it'll tally that chase BP with the other BP categories, and show me the grand total earned for that match.

      Ok thanks!!! Been playing for 2 years and just now have I thought about that!

    Yeah, we talked quite a bit so you know I am new, but I spent like 8-months researching and studying DBD before joining. The only other game I studied as much was Overwatch. So, I knew how BP worked, all about looping, camping, facecamping, SWF decent and toxic comps, dribbling vs DS, and all that stuff before ever first launching the game.

    Now, it's just a matter of transferring it all into mechanical play experience and muscle memory. My main issue, though, is lighting. My eyes aren't the greatest, and even with my glasses I have a ton of trouble following scratch marks, seeing blood trails, and seeing survivors in maps that are as dark as they are in DBD. I didn't realize I would have such visual trouble until actually playing, though. It;s impossible to know beforehand.

    That might force me to put the game aside, unfortunately. But that is a psychical vision issue with me, not the game.

  • Kilmeran said:

    @PhantomMask20763 said:
    Kilmeran said:

    The BP during the game is just showing you how much you are earning for that action in that category, which is then all tallied post-match to show you the grand total.

    For example, as Huntress I have maxed out the chase BP. So, during the game, it tells me the BP for that chase but also says Max. I can't earn anymore BP in that category this match.

    At the end, it'll tally that chase BP with the other BP categories, and show me the grand total earned for that match.

      Ok thanks!!! Been playing for 2 years and just now have I thought about that!

    Yeah, we talked quite a bit so you know I am new, but I spent like 8-months researching and studying DBD before joining. The only other game I studied as much was Overwatch. So, I knew how BP worked, all about looping, camping, facecamping, SWF decent and toxic comps, dribbling vs DS, and all that stuff before ever first launching the game.

    Now, it's just a matter of transferring it all into mechanical play experience and muscle memory.

     That's video games in general, all muscle memory and how quick you react to things. That's why I love to play them  
  • @PhantomMask20763 said:
    Kilmeran said:

    @PhantomMask20763 said:

    Kilmeran said:

    The BP during the game is just showing you how much you are earning for that action in that category, which is then all tallied post-match to show you the grand total.
    
    For example, as Huntress I have maxed out the chase BP. So, during the game, it tells me the BP for that chase but also says Max. I can't earn anymore BP in that category this match.
    
    At the end, it'll tally that chase BP with the other BP categories, and show me the grand total earned for that match.
    

      Ok thanks!!! Been playing for 2 years and just now have I thought about that!

    Yeah, we talked quite a bit so you know I am new, but I spent like 8-months researching and studying DBD before joining. The only other game I studied as much was Overwatch. So, I knew how BP worked, all about looping, camping, facecamping, SWF decent and toxic comps, dribbling vs DS, and all that stuff before ever first launching the game.

    Now, it's just a matter of transferring it all into mechanical play experience and muscle memory.

     That's video games in general, all muscle memory and how quick you react to things. That's why I love to play them  

    My only main issue, though, is lighting. My eyes aren't the greatest, and even with my glasses I have a ton of trouble following scratch marks, seeing blood trails, and seeing survivors in maps that are as dark as they are in DBD. I didn't realize I would have such visual trouble until actually playing, though. It's impossible to know beforehand. Especially since most Streamers adjust the gama for their viewers and make it look brighter on the viewer-end.

    I have to focus my eyes so hard, that after a couple of matches I have a physical headache.

    That might force me to put the game aside, unfortunately. But that is a psychical vision issue with me, not the game.

  • Kilmeran said:

    @PhantomMask20763 said:
    Kilmeran said:

    @PhantomMask20763 said:

    Kilmeran said:

    The BP during the game is just showing you how much you are earning for that action in that category, which is then all tallied post-match to show you the grand total.
    
    For example, as Huntress I have maxed out the chase BP. So, during the game, it tells me the BP for that chase but also says Max. I can't earn anymore BP in that category this match.
    
    At the end, it'll tally that chase BP with the other BP categories, and show me the grand total earned for that match.
    

      Ok thanks!!! Been playing for 2 years and just now have I thought about that!

    Yeah, we talked quite a bit so you know I am new, but I spent like 8-months researching and studying DBD before joining. The only other game I studied as much was Overwatch. So, I knew how BP worked, all about looping, camping, facecamping, SWF decent and toxic comps, dribbling vs DS, and all that stuff before ever first launching the game.

    Now, it's just a matter of transferring it all into mechanical play experience and muscle memory.

     That's video games in general, all muscle memory and how quick you react to things. That's why I love to play them  

    My only main issue, though, is lighting. My eyes aren't the greatest, and even with my glasses I have a ton of trouble following scratch marks, seeing blood trails, and seeing survivors in maps that are as dark as they are in DBD. I didn't realize I would have such visual trouble until actually playing, though. It's impossible to know beforehand. Especially since most Streamers adjust the gama for their viewers and make it look brighter on the viewer-end.

    I have to focus my eyes so hard, that after a couple of matches I have a physical headache.

    That might force me to put the game aside, unfortunately. But that is a psychical vision issue with me, not the game.

     Perks like bloodhound could help out with that. Maybe predator too since scratchmarks show up closer together when you use it. But then again you shouldn't be forced to use perks because of a physical problem. But those perks should help with your tracking. You'd have to level up wraith to get it on other killers first though 
  • @PhantomMask20763 said: Perks like bloodhound could help out with that. Maybe predator too since scratchmarks show up closer together when you use it. But then again you shouldn't be forced to use perks because of a physical problem. But those perks should help with your tracking. You'd have to level up wraith to get it on other killers first though 

    Oh, I know. But yeah, like you pointed out, it means I have to waste a perk slot on it. Or level a Killer I don't really enjoy just for a Teachable, that then might or might not ever appear in someone else's bloodweb due to RNGesus.

    Neither option is appealing. I wish they had a gama slider in the game, but I can understand why they don't. They designed it for a certain feel and theme. I don't blame Behavior for it. But it pretty much makes playing unenjoyable, and often times unplayable (the headaches) for folks like me. It happens. Every game purchase brings with it a certain risk factor that it isn't going to work out for the player.

  • Kilmeran said:

    @PhantomMask20763 said: Perks like bloodhound could help out with that. Maybe predator too since scratchmarks show up closer together when you use it. But then again you shouldn't be forced to use perks because of a physical problem. But those perks should help with your tracking. You'd have to level up wraith to get it on other killers first though 

    Oh, I know. But yeah, like you pointed out, it means I have to waste a perk slot on it. Or level a Killer I don't really enjoy just for a Teachable, that then might or might not ever appear in someone else's bloodweb due to RNGesus.

    Neither option is appealing. I wish they had a gama slider in the game, but I can understand why they don't. They designed it for a certain feel and theme. I don't blame Behavior for it. But it pretty much makes playing unenjoyable, and often times unplayable (the headaches) for folks like me. It happens. Every game purchase brings with it a certain risk factor that it isn't going to work out for the player.

    Yeah, the game doesn't even have a colorblind feature!! I get why they dont want some things changed such as chase music or scratch marks though. 
  • @PhantomMask20763 said: Yeah, the game doesn't even have a colorblind feature!! I get why they dont want some things changed such as chase music or scratch marks though. 

    Yeah, I get it. It just means that I'm very likely going to have to shelve Dead by Daylight. But like I said, I'm not mad at Behavior or anything. It happens sometimes when buying a new game. For whatever reason, it just doesn't work out.

    I just can't keep getting headaches trying to play a game.