(PC) - Clown Tonic causing computer to restart

This problem has been reported roughly a year ago. But it's consistent enough that I feel like it needs to be mentioned again.

Every time I vs a clown as a survivor, his tonic causes my PC to restart. It only happens when it is thrown near me. And it has happened every time I've faced the Clown. I don't get any bsod dump files or anything. My computer just restarts.

I've played against Clown as Nea and Nancy.

Perks used: Inner Strength, Urban Evasion, Lithe, and Iron Will.

My PC specs:

Operating System

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

CPU

Intel Core i9 9900KS @ 4.00GHz

RAM

32.0GB Dual-Channel G.SKILL Trident Z @ 1071MHz (15-15-15-36)

Motherboard

ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. ROG MAXIMUS XI FORMULA (LGA1151)

Graphics

3071MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti (Gigabyte)

Storage

1863GB Seagate ST2000DM008-2FR102 (SATA (SSD))

931GB Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB (Unknown (SSD))

EDIT: I decided to buy the Clown to see if I had the same issue killer side. I was able to play an entire match without crashing. All of my temps were stable.

EDIT: I just encountered this issue again today playing vs Clown as Nancy. He hooked me and threw the gas at my feet which caused my computer to restart. I've also run memtest86, OCCT stress tests, and a few other programs to detect hardware instability to no avail. I also never encounter issues in any other games that I play. All of my temps are in the normal range. I've attached another log file.

DeadByDaylight.log


DeadByDaylight.log


Tagged: Pending

Comments