Cool ideas for an American Psycho themed chapter
Been thinking a lot recently about how cool it would be if there was an American Psycho themed chapter and thought I'd share my thoughts/see if anybody could contribute, basically the ideas I have are as follows, I understand that the chances of him being added to the game are close to impossible (especially considering American Psycho is a thriller and not a horror movie) but I still think it would be fun to imagine what he'd be like in game.
The Psycho - Patrick Bateman
Basically I had the idea of him kind of being a hybrid between Trickster, Bubba and maybe Oni, his main power would be the ability to swap his weapon by going up to a locker and and choosing one of 3 weapons, the weapon ideas coming from the ones used in the film.
Chainsaw - goes back to what I mean earlier about bubba, basically would act close to the same as bubba's chainsaw ability but possibly with some drawbacks I haven't thought of yet so that he's not just bubba 2.0
Nail Gun - basically just tricksters ability except the gun would fire slower than the trickster throws knifes, again possibly some other drawbacks so that he isn't just a straight up replacement
Axe - i'm thinking that this should be the weapon that gives him the fastest movement speed out of the 3 but I personally can't think about what else it should do, that's why I was originally thinking oni as I was thinking that as Patrick collects blood from injured survivors he could go into a bloodlust/rage kinda like oni does
When it comes to his teachables I have a hard time thinking of what they should actually do, but I have at least come up with a cool name for one of them, Mergers and Acquisitions.
When it comes to his addons again I haven't really thought about what they should do but I have come up with what the addons themselves should be, objects/things from the movie like
Reservation to Dorsia
Huey Lewis and the News cassette
Blonde lock of hair
Disturbing crossword
Taped confession
Herb mint facial mask
Paul Allen's business card
For the map I believe it should either be a portion of the interior of the American Gardens building or a portion of the interior of the office building that Patrick works at in the film, it could also even be the area where Patrick has the shootout with the police near the end of the film, depending on the which one it is there could be easter eggs to the film like how The Game has easter eggs to the saw franchise (e.g stuff like if it's the apartment building having one of the rooms being the one filled with corpses that the woman finds during the scene where Patrick's chasing her with a chainsaw, or if it's outside having an ATM read "Feed me a stray cat".
For the survivor I was thinking either one of two choices, either Patrick's secretary from the film, or maybe Paul Allen, I understand that the film show's him being killed, however the ending of American Psycho is greatly left up to interpretation as there is a possibly that he never killed Paul Allen due to Patrick's lawyer saying he saw Paul in London, again unfortunately I don't really have any ideas when it comes to their teachables.
Finally, when it comes to the back story I was thinking that Patrick was taken by the entity when he was breaking down and confessing to his murders over the phone to his lawyers answering machine.
I understand that there's quite a bit missing in terms of overall ideas but that's why I decided to make a post about it, to see if anybody had ideas of their own if this was a real update (which again unfortunately it most likely won't).
Comments