Better to Trade or Eat a Hook State?
Say you're injured, someone is on the hook and about to hit struggle and nobody else is coming. You're the only person who can go for the rescue, you have borrowed time but you know once you go for that save you're going down. The killer is proxy camping way too close for comfort and it won't be a clean getaway. No matter what, someone is eating another hook state.
What's the choice? Let the person dangle all the way to struggle and wait for a better opening or make the rescue and spend your time on a pre-owned rusty hook.
Comments
Since I'm an idiot, I'd go with BT for the rescue and do the safe hook rescue, hoping that would buy enough time for generators and maybe we'd all get out alive after all.
But then most of the time my first hook is my last. :(
Always worth it survivor could have ds or some other means to relieve pressure. You'll also make a friend for the rest of the match in the person you sacrificed yourself for.
If you can get the unhook before the killer hits you, take the trade. Spreading out hook states is extremely important. A killer can get 8 hooks and not have someone dead.
If we are saying I will 100% get to rescue the person on the hook and 100% will go down doing it then it depends on how many times I have been hooked. If I'm hooked none I will definitely go for it, twice I will never go for it, once I will only go for it if I think they are decent enough to not self care in a corner after they are rescued and actually benefit the team.