Why does The Rift require certain Characters?

I find the Rift system cool. You get bloodpoints, cosmetics and lore.

But... Why is it so extremely character requiring? I don't have plague and I don't have shards or money to buy her. So I can't do her missions and I can't do the missions which requires her perks. Also with Bill...

What happend with the "Try stuff" offerings? These would be perfect for missions like this. Or at least make them not block a whole route on the rift.

Comments

  • The challenges you are talking about unlock the lore of those characters, it makes sense that you need those characters to do them

    Plus there should always be a way around them, so you don't need them to progress in the tome (oh and be aware that character required for a tome are usually discounted, and their perks appear in the shrine of secrets right before the rift opens)

  • You can easily reach the end without ever doing a character challenge, with either roles.

  • Isn't Bill free? Also, the perk Dark Devotion that's required for one challenge is available right now in the Shrine of Secrets for 2000 shards. That leaves 2 challenges you can't complete without buying the Plague herself.

    Out of 23 challenges from this level of the Tome, that seems quite alright, tbh.