Honest question about ranking
My question about ranking is quite simple. Why do we still have it? I know the main reason for ranking is to separate the low tier players from the high tier players, to prevent newer players from being bullied by rather bored red players that's just out in the market looking to make people upset. There were numerous changes to match making and ranking that never seemed to work. Forgive me. But, the last time I was apart of the dbd community, they made it where lower tiered players were to play with similar people within that rank threshold. But, then we get to what is most arguably the most fun and broken thing at the same time. Survive with friends. This just by passed Behavior's fixes to the match making just as much as they changed it. This post isn't asking to remove sfw, dear God no. It's the opposite, remove the ranking system. I know this looks extremely stupid, but hear me out at least.
In most games match making works fine, Hunt works great
Call of Duty is fine
Warzone is good
But, why does dbd feel so off putting? Because it isn't balanced, when you play one of these games you're pair with people that are like you. A solo. If you play with friends, you're paired with people who are also playing with friends. You are always put in a match that's trying to evenly put you with equal amounts of people.
Dead by daylight is impossible to do that unless we're doing a 4v4 (horrid idea)
It will always be a skew, one killer will most likely be going up against a focused group of people that makes ranking kinda pointless. It's not just killers either, solo queuing survivor's go through the same exact thing.
Ranking in this game is gonna continuously seem to be broken with no hopes of it working properly in sight.
I'm not experienced in match making, but I've been playing this game for years now, I feel like I understand a little bit.
If you truly want ranking to work properly, there is only one way to do it. Remove Survive with friends, but will we ever do it? No. I know someone is gonna say that it's not just that, but it's a big portion.
Comments
Ranking will never be good in DBD
Exactly, why bother?
DbD is Asymmetrical game. It's hard to balance it very well...
But we need something that will/is separating new players against experts that have 1000+ hours in the game.
I think rank system at the moment is not too bad. Yes, by being red rank you still have a small chance to get the game with grey ranks (even if they're solos). Sometimes, we can have "red ranks potatoes" that playing not good for red ranks but meanwhile we can have god tier players that living in the game probably lol. And if we remove the recent rank system, this change will make the matchmaking more unbalanced that at the moment.
IS any positive side by removing rank system? The queue time will be reduced for sure.
BUT!
Me personally, I prefer to wait longer and have people that have the similar skill level as me and having a good experience from the match than have games faster with completely unbalanced team.
About SWF... I think that we need some improvements for solo survivors.
For example, make bond & kindred as base kit and have improved emote system that allow the survivors to communicate to each other by using gestures.
The problem with SWFs is that they don't even have to be that great in chase, so long as they split up on gens and call out when they are in chase so another can complete the gen they were on the killers always going to have a much more difficult time.