Lets Talk about Pig.

# First Look, ADD ONS AND SKILLCHECKS

Alright, I been hearing it, over and over "pig needs tweaks" "pig needs a buff" "pig is a low tier killer" "pig is trash".

And I try to understand where this comes from as I main pig and do well on her, BUT, I'll just go ahead and admit it....yes, there are parts of her kit and add ons that make 0 sense no matter how you try to inflate your ego over 200IQ.

So lets talk about it.

Pigs best quality is her ability to push people off of gens for a certain amount of time, or until they die. She has the power to add extra objectives to survivors to combat gen rushing. And she has a nice little bonus of being stealthy with a pretty quick lunge which can also be countered by sprint burst.

But lets talk about the specifics. Above is what is said she excells at right. But at the same time there are parts of her kit that make no sense at all, OR parts of her add ons which are actually harmful for her to use in any logical fashion. For the sake of clarity, we won't mention the good add ons, and I won't mention any of her built in perks, Surveillance would require its own thread its likely one of the worst if not the worst perk in the game, and if I had a choice I'd even take crows over Surveillance.

So add ons....lets cut to the chase.

Razor Wires and Workshop Grease: Ok.....lets hone in on this, the add on increases the amount of skillchecks you get while working on a jigsaw box.... which is a great idea.....except when it isn't. Lets be real, unless you just started this game yesterday survivors don't miss skillchecks unless its overcharge, a doc check, lullabye, or a decisive strike. Skillcheck boxes are big, and your chances of getting a skillcheck while working on a jigsaw box are fair, your chances of missing them....unless you're blind you're not missing them. So this add on which is a great idea in theory when paired with another add on that increases the penalty of skill checks is a great idea. But it doesn't work, because unless you magically have a way to reduce all skillcheck zones as pig globally across the entire map, its not gonna matter.

Solution? Why not make this add on, and add ons like it reduce the skillcheck zone of searching the jigsaw box on top of adding more skillchecks?

Utility Blades: So this add on gives the hemorrhage effect to anyone whos inside of a bear trap right..... I could make a thread on why hemorrhage is the dumbest status effect in the game and the most useless, but I won't go there, but I will explain that since this status effect is so bad, this add on is just as bad as the status effect, especially since there are better ways to get bleeds by using sloppy butcher, AND NO Utility blades DOES NOT give sloppy butchers effect.

Solution? Why not make this add on have something to do with the interaction with the jigsaw box instead? Causes uncontrollable screaming while working on the box giving a notification? Causes their action speed to slow down? Anything would be better than Hemorrhage.....

Interlocking Razors: Now this is another one of those "IN THEORY" add ons, for jigsaw boxes that could IN THEORY work great with workshop grease and Razor Wires....but it doesnt because...nobody gives a damn about skillchecks unless they're incredibly difficult. Theres no real skill involved in getting a skillcheck outside of that range so add ons like this which would give you a penalty for failing are USELESS..... even if you try to combine them together it does literally nothing. Its not a progressive something, its a progressive load of waste of an add on slot.

Solution? Why not make this add on work along side the other two that could be used to reduce the skillcheck zone, to work to I dunno remove the skillcheck notification sound along with increasing the penalty for failing skillchecks?

And ill finalize this section with one more proposition before I make another post in this same thread regarding Time, her add ons, and the effects of her perks on jigsaw box time and the challenge involved.

Ok so along the line of jigsaw boxes, you have survivors which like the movie run through this puzzle to remove the trap before the trap kills them. My problem has always been with the fact that they can search these boxes full of barbed wire, needles, serrated blades, needles, and god knows what else, and if they fail or get the wrong box they can check every box while fully healthy as if whatever is going on in that box isn't hurting them......which is strange because I hear them moaning in pain.....

Why not make it so getting the wrong jigsaw box causes them to go into the injured state, not dying, not dead, and if they're already injured they can't suddenly fall on the floor dying. Just make it injure them when they fail, cause it makes logical sense.

I've already made a big wall, next post I'll reserve for more points, but I want to go over every detail of the pig, and nail down why people think she's bad outside of a stylistic choice.

Comments

  • **Reserved Post for Time, and the Pigs status under gen control! Add ons and perks, jigsaw box interaction continued. **

    Feel free to post your gripes and concerns or thoughts or positive views about Amanda below.

  • I agree with your suggestions. I think the jigsaw boxes skill checks should be similar to overcharge or decisve strike skill checks. And hex-lullaby should affect the boxes, its unlikely the perk will last long anyway.
    The blindness status affect should affect jigsaw boxes and instead of them fully disappearing maybe have jigsaw boxes only be shown in a 24m or 16m radius of the box. Making blindness addon and blindness in generally more useful on her.
    And if not have boxes injury them when its the wrong box or perhaps missing a skill check, it would be cool/neat addon for her. The Utility Blades, could maybe be that addon the name fits with it well.
    And have the old affect of Utility Blades and place it with Amanda addon that gives the mangled affect.

  • Lots of good ideas here. But this is my favourite:

    Why not make it so getting the wrong jigsaw box causes them to go into the injured state, not dying, not dead, and if they're already injured they can't suddenly fall on the floor dying.

    Simple, but effective. Forcing them (or a teammate) to heal again is a relatively small thing that will help slow the game down, without being unfair to survivors or requiring any balancing etc. from the devs.