Been Playing 8 Hook Spirit

Just posting about my experiences trying to find a less sweaty more chill way to play Killer.

Kind of not really eager to actually hit red rank or purple so I've been vibing at green. Trying a new way to play where I just hook everyone twice then everyone goes home. Pretty great for bloodpoint farm, but since it's not 'Ooooo look at me friendly killer' it's not this weird game of 'spend 30 minutes trying to max everything for each survivor.'

It's been an interesting experience to see how people respond to it. A lot of times people eventually pick up on it and enjoy the chance to get a challenge they were working on (One person was absolutely elated to get a slug challenge complete? Didn't know there WAS a slug challenge but here we are.)

It's actually really interesting to see how people respond in that moment between the 1st and 8th hook state, where I go from 'active killer' to 'Just finish the gens and get out.'

I try so hard to encourage people to unhook by leaving ASAP, but so many times people will get to a 2nd and sometimes Death hook and nobody will try to save them. It's insane. A few handful of times a survivor will pick up what I'm doing almost instantly (After they hit second hook and realize I ignore them completely) then they start trying to help? Which feels mega weird because I feel like a survivor who DOESN'T realize what's going on will instantly tilt if they see a survivor pointing out them hiding.

What's funny is of about 20 games only one crew teabagged me at the end and started trash talking me at the end (Despite me getting them all at death hook by 3rd gen.) They can do them I suppose.

Had a moment earlier where a Meg refused to unhook her team mate no matter what I did. Even downed her, dragged her to the hooked guy while he went from 1st hook to struggle and she kept running from him. I downed her because she continued to run so her and I could both watch as her friend got taken by the entity while I tried to impress upon her with my sombre silence "You could have saved him."

She disconnected after a Cheryl brought her back up. I wonder if she was just pissed at me or felt guilt.

Had another game where one guy suicided on the first hook (He was a 4-man SWF) and after getting his friends to death hook they realized I wasn't trying to kill them so they did some weird RP thing in the classroom of midwitch where I guess I was the teacher? In the post game the guy who sacrificed himself asked "Why did I have to die?" I'm like "You tell me?" (He seriously waited like 30 minutes to ask that.)

Anyways this has just been a way I've been having fun. Really makes playing killer a lot more relaxed since I'm playing on a really sweaty Spirit Build on a rank I probably shouldn't be at. Just get my 8 hooks, then vibe. Hardest part is trying to remember who's on what hook state. At one point I straight up had to slug someone for a minute while I reviewed the shadowplay footage to make sure "Okay THIS Nancy can be hooked one more time."

Wish DBD would let killer see the hook counter per survivor.

Anyways I hope this post interested some of you! Thanks for reading.

If you guys have any tips that would be awesome. Specifically I'm trying to figure out how to impress "Unhook this son of a ######### for the love of god don't let him die."

Comments