Why no M&K support on console?
Survivors don't have that much of a problem with controllers, but killers really have a bad time, and at maximum sensitivity it's really slow, so why don't you add M&K support?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Short answer: Because Sony & MS limit it.
Play style answer: Because its a huge advantage that most players won't have. To say "go buy a M&K" then, is the same as us saying, "Go buy a PC then".
Technical Answer: There may be additional technical issues that allowing USB or Bluetooth devices outside of those specifically made for the hardware that goes through a defined process may open the consoles up to hardware and software hacks that could lead to cheating or rooting of the consoles. This happens a bit already, but its small enough percentage and user base to not really be a problem.
Personal answer: I don't want to use a M&K even if it were available. I sit at a computer, hands on a mouse and keyboard for 8 hours of my day already, I don't want to do it on my leisure time too.
I heard that razor is teaming up with xbox to enable mouse support in the feature, dont know whethert this is still true though.
Probably never gonna happen when it comes to sony....
Even on my crappy wii from the "last century" I was able to plug in a keyboard to actually type properly.
I'm fairly certain that if you hook a keyboard up to your PS4 or XBox right now you could use it to type messages, which is why I'm not sure the technical reason is fully honest on their part. I think it is 100% keeping the playing field fair, not frustrate players who don't want/have M&K.
In some (maybe all) cases though, it is up to the game maker. For example, Fortnite recognizes the desire for M&K but ALSO has the playerbase to support both. So you can use you're M&K, but you will ONLY be going up against other players using M&K on PS4.
https://www.polygon.com/fortnite/2018/8/25/17781520/fortnite-keyboard-and-mouse-ps4-xbox-one-pc-matchmaking
2) Sony and Microsoft didn't complain with Fortnite, so I assume that its up to the developer
3) No one forces you to play with them, its just an option for those who want it.