Cross your heart: Do you change your tactics depending on the killer?
Looking around at some killer tier lists be it their strength, fun etc, or looking at reasonings why people find a killer boring/unfun etc seem to boil down to this:
A lot of people appear to simply refuse to change their tactic to fit with the killer they are facing.
And often this tactic is simply 'rush gens and loop and juke the killer'
If a killer has a power that puts a quick end to that, they'll be declared unfun/boring
If a killer has a power that even makes this tactic a disadvantage, same thing.
For example: People popping gens instead of 99ing them against pig, not healing against oni, running away in a clear LoS against Michael or Ghostface, etc.
And if there's a hex? they're more likely to stubbornly power through it instead of trying to get rid of it.
So, cross your heart, how easy is it for you to switch gears depending on what killer you face/what happens in the match?
Comments
Of course. I don’t play against doctor the same way I play against trapper
The difference is some killer don’t have an effective playstyle namely spirit and nurse. They power covers all options so long as the player in question is experienced
Yes, I’ve tried my best to adjust my play style to better fit against most killers; though I admit that there are some that require more “adjustments” than others and sometimes I just am unable to. However, personally, the tactics to counter some killers are either annoying or boring to do.
Yes, I play more stealthy against bubba because getting facecamped isn't fun.
Yeah I do. You can't really go in with the same strategy for every killer. If you going against a nurse then you can't really relay on looping.