What’s up with the inconsistency with powers?

By the ‘inconsistency with powers’, I mean, why is it that some killer’s special attacks still count as basic attacks? The Devs seemingly wanted to move away from hits with Killer’s powers counting as basic attacks when they nerfed Legion over a year ago now. They never fully delivered however. Nurse, Spirit, Hag and the Deathslinger, all of their special attacks still count as basic attacks. This allows these killers (all of which are already incredibly strong except perhaps Deathslinger) to take advantage of synergies with perks that most other killers cannot use nearly as effectively. If a Blight or a Huntress wants to take advantage of Haunted Grounds or Sloppy butcher for example, then they must ignore their power and hope they can get a normal M1 hit (Which is easier said then done if the tiles on the map are strong enough). So how is it fair that Killers like Nurse and Spirit, who are arguably much more oppressive in chase, can make use of these perks without consequence? Why did Legion have to lose their synergy with perks like save the best for last and sloppy butcher when Nurse and Spirit have gone untouched? I’m fairly certain that making them more in line with the other killers would not ruin them. They are strong enough to begin with. I’m unsure at this point if these killers retaining this quirk with their powers was simply an oversight or an intentional decision to truly cement their place at the top. Some clarification from a Developer would be greatly appreciated although I understand they may be busy.

Comments

  • Yeah I never understood that, hope they change it honestly

  • Nurse, Spirit, Hag and the Deathslinger don't have special attacks

    Their power resolve around moving themself or the survivors into position for a basic attack.

    I agree that it is a bit confusing about what counts as a basic attack and what doesn't but that's the jist of it