Disconnect Penalty System needs to be addressed. (Rant Ahead)

Before I go into what I am about to go into. Let me just reiterate I absolutely 100% understand why the DC Penalty is in place. I am behind it as I have also experienced matches where teammates simply DC because of their own mistake or because they just didn't care enough to finish the match.

What I am going to discuss in this, is about where the system isn't working as intented and 'punishing' the wrong people.

Last week, I disconnected because something came up, and I had no choice but to leave. Then later that night I started to experience in-game crashes where for a split second my screen would freeze, and the game would take me back to the menu screen. I waited for the timer to run out, and tried again. Next two matches same thing. So at this point I am thinking it's my connection as during both times I got the same "No Network Connection" error, only problem was my internet was fine.

Untitled Image

So long story short. I went from a 5 minute (intentional dc penalty) to a 5 hour "dc" penalty because of the game being unstable. Yes it reached that high of a timer from the game recognizing about 4 dcs which I only attempted them because I was trying to "fix" possible connection issues.

I still have yet to figure out what exactly is going on, I have never had issues with the game as far as connection is concerned, and definitely never had issues with my internet. Well today, you won't guess... it happened again! Only this time I was locked into a specific camera angle where I was only able to look forward, so I lost connection but I was somehow still in the match:

Untitled Image


So let me just say this. To all you players who have had issues because of how unstable the game is or where you where kicked or crashed due to a game error and you ended up with an absurd ban timer, because we do not have a fair system... I completely understand you.

It is to the point where I am even wondering why we have a system which is not working as intended because the game has the problems that it does, that you don't need to pull the plug, you don't need to click that leave match button to get punished. Guess I'll go back to Home Sweet Home.

End Rant.

Comments

  • I play on an Xbox1x, and if I do not restart my game every 3-5 matches I will get start getting booted mid-game and this message. If I'm in a party or streaming neither is affected, so I know it isn't the internet. It just is.

    As far as the penalty goes, the system cannot differentiate between an intentional disconnect or any other connection cause, and treats them all the same.

  • In a situation like this, surely you should be able to contact customer support and provide evidence of your claim, explain your situation, etc. Obviously the system wasn't meant to punish players unfairly so if you can actually get a hold of a human who will listen to you, you should hopefully not have to sit through any more 5 hour bans.