Just a question

Im a low ranking killer main I mostly float around rank 11 - 9. I don't really wanna get higher as of right now since I wanna learn killer and my killer of choice as of right now. Which is what i am making this post. I want to know how people play against doctor. I wanna know how people feel when they fight him, what they think when fighting him, the counterplay he has and what you do when fighting him, and most importantly what are some tricks that doctor has I could learn.

Comments

  • Survivors: Stay as far from Doc as possible, or jump into lockers when they're close to him, to avoid his Static Blast. Also drop pallets early to avoid getting animation locked by Shock Therapy.

    Tips for Doc:

    1. Use Terror Radius increasing perks, particularly Distressing, and try to ensure that you hit someone with Static Blast, don't just use it on cooldown. It has a long cooldown and if you hit no one, that's a huge waste.
    2. Try to be aware and take note of where survivors are before you use Static Blast. As you can discern from their scream, or absence of a scream, whether or not they've jumped into a locker nearby, or if they've tried to give you the slip by doubling back, etc.
    3. Use Shock Therapy tactically at loops and gens to catch survivors in the middle or just before actions. It has a short delay so the timing can be tricky. You ideally want to use it so you shock a survivor just before they're about to drop or vault a pallet. Use it at a gen to pressure them off it a couple of seconds before you actually get there yourself.
    4. Alternatively if they're already suffering from Madness II and you've brought some funky add-ons, you might even be able to sneak up on them as your exact position may be a little obscured through all of the distractions you're inflicting on them. Though this takes some skill and a lot of luck.


  • As a red rank survivor myself countering doctors are cake walk, some doctors though can be challenging which I like. I counter him by staying as far away from him as possible and throwing down pallets early when he tries to shock me at a loop. When you learn doctor though trust me you will have a much better experience with him, but beware that you will run into a good group of survivors eventually, red rank groups are hell.

    but learn from your mistakes when playing as him and he will be easy to play as. A tip I have is to shock and mindgame at loops the best you can, it really helps when playing as him.

  • @Seraphor said:

    Survivors: Stay as far from Doc as possible, or jump into lockers when they're close to him, to avoid his Static Blast. Also drop pallets early to avoid getting animation locked by Shock Therapy.

    Tips for Doc:

    1. Use Terror Radius increasing perks, particularly Distressing, and try to ensure that you hit someone with Static Blast, don't just use it on cooldown. It has a long cooldown and if you hit no one, that's a huge waste.
    2. Try to be aware and take note of where survivors are before you use Static Blast. As you can discern from their scream, or absence of a scream, whether or not they've jumped into a locker nearby, or if they've tried to give you the slip by doubling back, etc.
    3. Use Shock Therapy tactically at loops and gens to catch survivors in the middle or just before actions. It has a short delay so the timing can be tricky. You ideally want to use it so you shock a survivor just before they're about to drop or vault a pallet. Use it at a gen to pressure them off it a couple of seconds before you actually get there yourself.
    4. Alternatively if they're already suffering from Madness II and you've brought some funky add-ons, you might even be able to sneak up on them as your exact position may be a little obscured through all of the distractions you're inflicting on them. Though this takes some skill and a lot of luck.

    I do tip 1 - 3 but that fourth one ive never tried i normally run the calm add-ons with overwhelming presence whispers distressing and a 4th perk im not sure on yet so idk if i can do it but with the calm add-ons i might can i've heard stories about zero tr doc and id love to try it out

  • depends...

    1- is he good with his zap timing?

    if yes, I'm way more inclined to drop the pallets earlier.

    if not, just play normally


    2- does he try to zap me every single time in every single loop?

    if yes, I get more reckless on the pallet drops and wait as much as possible. because it takes longer to catch up

    if not, the pallet probably gets dropped sooner since he's a bit faster.


    3- is he a guesser or a zoner?

    guesser, just dodge the zap. it's super easy when he just guesses where you are going.

    zoner, really depends on the loop and timing. (be a zoner, force me to move away)


    and in general.

    I usually go into a locker if I'm inside his tr after he hooks someone. to avoid the blast that usually comes right after.

    and that's basically it... I don't think there's any other doctor specific thing that I do

  • Doctors all about timing your shocks, if you do that right you can pretty much cut off loops and get quick downs. Doctor is pretty underrated honestly.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    depends...

    1- is he good with his zap timing?

    if yes, I'm way more inclined to drop the pallets earlier.

    if not, just play normally

    2- does he try to zap me every single time in every single loop?

    if yes, I get more reckless on the pallet drops and wait as much as possible. because it takes longer to catch up

    if not, the pallet probably gets dropped sooner since he's a bit faster.

    3- is he a guesser or a zoner?

    guesser, just dodge the zap. it's super easy when he just guesses where you are going.

    zoner, really depends on the loop and timing. (be a zoner, force me to move away)

    and in general.

    I usually go into a locker if I'm inside his tr after he hooks someone. to avoid the blast that usually comes right after.

    and that's basically it... I don't think there's any other doctor specific thing that I do

    I'm decent at my shock timing but when I get frustrated cause I keep fighting red ranks I become a little shock happy and have to calm down to end the chase fast. And I've tried to do the zoning thing Im not very good at it i'm still practicing its the main reason i don't wanna rank up anymore. I dont wanna fight anymore red / purples than i already do.

  • My friend gets very disheartened by Doctor and I use to also (when I was less skilled at looping), because he feels very oppressive. My friend was a Claudette, I forget the meme name but he was always hiding in bushes and remains undetected. I also lean towards sneaking over provoking a chase, but...where I got better at looping, he struggled.

    So, a Killer that can provoke a scream and other ailments that give away a survivors whereabouts was a devastating moral blow to him and the Killer I saw him DC to the most was Doctor. He really puts on the pressure to those still learning to loop (or bad at it).

    As far as learning Doctor, for me. I technically played more with Old Doctor then this one. So I really can’t provide more then what’s been said. Personally, I’m too stupid to remember every tile, where the best moment to shock is or am usually willing to fight the game on whether I did or didn’t shock the survivor before the pallet dropped.

    I am thinking of trying Doctor again with MMR and the new Zanshin Tactics perk change. I just can’t play him against red ranks right now. I’m not good enough or interested in getting bullied because of my rank but inexperience with specific killers. :/

  • @PureDoctorMain said:

    Im a low ranking killer main I mostly float around rank 11 - 9. I don't really wanna get higher as of right now since I wanna learn killer and my killer of choice as of right now. Which is what i am making this post. I want to know how people play against doctor. I wanna know how people feel when they fight him, what they think when fighting him, the counterplay he has and what you do when fighting him, and most importantly what are some tricks that doctor has I could learn.

    Normally I just treat him like a weaker clown I just pre drop the pallet unless he charges a shock if he charges I just keep running because he slows down when shocking at windows if he has range and is far i will bait the shock and medium vault mb try for fast vault

    Ps I think you will loves docs graphic update

  • I love fighting doc. Not to good in chase to feel unfun but does keep you on your toes.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    I love fighting doc. Not to good in chase to feel unfun but does keep you on your toes.

    Love when i hear things like this makes me think me and the other doc mains are keeping the game interesting at least when we can ;)

  • He's not overpowered or anything but he is incredibly annoying to play against imo.

  • Doc is boring. He denies you one of the chase mechanics and eventually catches you so you have nothing to do but hold W

  • S2 Doc, both playing and going against. I'd recommend you look for channels such as Uncharted and Archdruid Drey