I still think extending a chase and wasting the killers time through looping etc is the better way to go and will stay the Meta.
Not saying Lucky Break won’t be useful and against certain killers it might very well come in handy, but it’s still very situational, needs at least 2 perks to be useful and is limited use. Killers may have to adapt if many people start using it.
Still think the reactions are a little bit reminiscent to For the People, Power Struggle, Soul Guard etc. All of these were said to be the new Meta..
They went to far with the change. A better one would have been to just take the duration away from blood trails and have it the whole match when injured.
You can use it 3 times with a med-kit. Tried this personally numerous times to waste about 2 minutes of the killer's time each match. That's almost 4 gens to put it to a perspective.
a gen takes 90 seconds so thats not four gens but ya i didn't know that it can be used three times, i looked at it on the wiki and it said it deactivates after its used once so idk i dont have or ever used it
3 gens can be done at the same time, so 120-90 = 30sec
2 survivors on the 4th gen take ~47.06sec
Of course they have to travel but lots of good teams help themselves out with perks and items to lower the times even more. I've experienced this multiple times. You don't even need Lucky break for this to happen.
The 90sec timer on Lucky Break pauses when you heal. It's only running out when you're injured. Hence my mentioning the med-kit and using it multiple times.
assuming that 3 people are working on one gen it takes about 40 seconds so you could get like 2 and a half gens done in two minutes, also if that happens its the killers fault not the survivor with inner strength because there's nothing stopping the killer from leaving the person "distracting" him, and even if they take hits and get in his way to do it, all the killer has to not go for the chase, easy.
This is where I leave this discussion. It seems that you and I play a very different game and I don't want to start drawing any conclusions about your experience.
I thought we were having a constructive conversation for both of us but i see you are a stubborn killer main who does not accept that opinions are a thing
Aaaand this is why I stopped :D I had a feeling that anything I'll say will be disregarded and in the end I'll be called a killer main, which I'm not btw.
I essentially said we have to agree to disagree. If that's not accepting that opinions are a thing, I don't know what is :)
And now for real, shhhhh
I disregarded what you said before because I was slightly annoyed considering the fact we were having a conversation, I gave my point, and you just dipped and gave nothing to support you argument, you have to admit it is a little annoying, and forgive for thinking your a killer main but if anything you disregarded my point because you just took my argument and threw it in the trash deciding that you were done
I feel like I've had this conversation way too many times. I'm tired of it, sorry.
I didn't throw it in the trash. I just disagreed based on my experience from playing this game for 1400h, usually at top rank as both solo survivor and killer and from countless hours of watching dbd content creators. I explained why I disagreed and no amount of your saying that 3 people can be on 1 gen is going to change my mind. 3 people are never on the same gen where I come from because it's not optimal. Single manning gens is. That's how rough the game is for me, in my region, in the majority of matches. I could go on more points that just don't fit into my experience, but I'm just so tired of it. If playing this game doesn't make you observe these things, my saying it won't make you either.
If you're having a different experience - great! I'm not saying you can't be having it. We'll have to agree to disagree and that's that. I wanted to save myself typing out the paragraph above. I'm sorry if that came off as rude.
My original reply to you was to clear why people think this perk is busted and why I thought you were wrong. You yourself admitted you didn't know much about the perk. I never meant to start any deep convo about gen speeds.
yes I didn't know really anything about the perk except what the wiki said, and I was appreciative of you telling me, I learned something from this conversation, and you taught someone something=it was productive. And honestly if you get randoms who dont three person a gen your lucky because everytime I join a random people game I get the smallest brain infidels. And I don't play this game constantly and I wasn't trying to argue that it's not possible to do 4 gens with that one perk, but most killers above rank 13 aren't gonna be on one survivor for the whole game, I know I wouldn't and i'm normally rank 16, I do not have thousands of hours, I only play weekends, and i'm not trying to argue just have a constructive conversationg, and i'm glad we were able to finish this on a good note good day sir
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I still think extending a chase and wasting the killers time through looping etc is the better way to go and will stay the Meta.
Not saying Lucky Break won’t be useful and against certain killers it might very well come in handy, but it’s still very situational, needs at least 2 perks to be useful and is limited use. Killers may have to adapt if many people start using it.
Still think the reactions are a little bit reminiscent to For the People, Power Struggle, Soul Guard etc. All of these were said to be the new Meta..
They went to far with the change. A better one would have been to just take the duration away from blood trails and have it the whole match when injured.
Take a hit, become completely untrackable without direct LoS.
Unless they revert the chase music change, it's busted.
it only works once the whole game so i feel like its not THAT good
a gen takes 90 seconds so thats not four gens but ya i didn't know that it can be used three times, i looked at it on the wiki and it said it deactivates after its used once so idk i dont have or ever used it
assuming that 3 people are working on one gen it takes about 40 seconds so you could get like 2 and a half gens done in two minutes, also if that happens its the killers fault not the survivor with inner strength because there's nothing stopping the killer from leaving the person "distracting" him, and even if they take hits and get in his way to do it, all the killer has to not go for the chase, easy.
I thought we were having a constructive conversation for both of us but i see you are a stubborn killer main who does not accept that opinions are a thing
I disregarded what you said before because I was slightly annoyed considering the fact we were having a conversation, I gave my point, and you just dipped and gave nothing to support you argument, you have to admit it is a little annoying, and forgive for thinking your a killer main but if anything you disregarded my point because you just took my argument and threw it in the trash deciding that you were done
yes I didn't know really anything about the perk except what the wiki said, and I was appreciative of you telling me, I learned something from this conversation, and you taught someone something=it was productive. And honestly if you get randoms who dont three person a gen your lucky because everytime I join a random people game I get the smallest brain infidels. And I don't play this game constantly and I wasn't trying to argue that it's not possible to do 4 gens with that one perk, but most killers above rank 13 aren't gonna be on one survivor for the whole game, I know I wouldn't and i'm normally rank 16, I do not have thousands of hours, I only play weekends, and i'm not trying to argue just have a constructive conversationg, and i'm glad we were able to finish this on a good note good day sir