Cross-progression workaround idea

I have an idea for a workaround with cross-progression between PS4/Xbox/PC.

I don’t know if its possible or that the devs need to make a feature for it, but please hear me out! :D


As we all know, you can’t cross-progress with console and Steam. This is my idea:


Since your ingame profile is a bunch of numbers and letters, why don’t make a promocode out of that, like the ones the Fog Whisperes streamers use to give out special charms (like the fruitcake for Christmas).

But you can only do it ONCE, to get a headstart on another platform you bought the game for.


Example:

– I have the game on PS4 with a few P3 chars, 10k shards and 5k auric cells.

– I go to support, make a ticket to request to make a promocode of my PS4 account for my PC account (You have to send both profile codes, PC and PS4).

– Support looks at my profile, see it’s okay, and make a promocode that rewards X amount of BP, the 10k shards and the 5k auric cells.

– Your profiles are locked for future codes, so you can’t do it anymore, since it’s a headstart on the other platform. And you can't use the profilecode on the same platform as well, so no PS4 to PS4 on the same account.


For the BP compensation, I think about 2 mil each prestige level is fair. So 1 P3 survivor (for example) gives you 6 mil BP.


Yes, you need to buy DLC again, but I think that’s fair since the devs/support need to create a promocode and that takes time.

Yes, the BP compensation is not enough if you have characters at P3 level 50 all perks, but I think it’s better than nothing though. You can, in theory, get all your P3 back with the BP compensation.


What do you all think about this? I think it’s a good workaround for the cross-progression thing that’s likely not happening anytime soon or maybe never.


@Mandytalk

Can you get this thread also to the devs themselves, and maybe a dev can comment on it if this might be possible or not and why?


Thanks for reading and your comments to all.

Comments

  • Sorry I bump my post, but yesterday it got buried because of the PTB patch nodes that released just before that.

    I really like ya'lls opinions on this though!