What do you guys think about the Freddy nerf?
Personally I think it is a step to the right direction. Freddy's gameplay is extremely boring and not that punishable, since you're able to just spam m2 and the survivors end up in a lose-lose situation making it extremely boring to go against and even more boring to play as, since you're basically doing the same ######### all over again. Now spamming snares is more punishable and I like that, even tho the boring element still remains unfortunately. I don't think they should've changed the pallets imo, they are interesting and fun to go against.
I'm also excited about the addon changes because it simply gave free value. Freddy didnt need to do anything, his existence alone gave value with these add-ons which is stupid and make the games last forever most times. Unfortunately, forever freddy will probably still be a thing, but less strong now, which is a step to the right direction imo. The new add-ons seem interesting as well.
Lastly the clock change is....ok? I'm a bit confused about this one, does it give you the full reset+ 30 secs of immunity or does it simply gives you 30 secs of immunity and nothing else (when I say immunity I mean sleep immunity). If it's the first one, I love it, it'll be far more rewarding to go and use the clocks. If it's the second one then I think it's more of a buff to freddy rather than a nerf, since 30 seconds isn't that much.
What are your opinions tho? I've seen threads saying that he's magically f tier now. Let me know
Comments
If you wish to know the opinion of a long time Freddy main:
-Reduced movement speed while placing snares is a good change. It actually brings him somewhat closer to killers such as Trapper and Hag.
-Reduced the maximum number of pallets and snares is a weird change, to be honest. I can see it working for Snares, since it prevents you from literally spamming them during a chase (something that you should never do). But pallets are not that strong, and they do not give you any advantages until the very last second when a survivor drops it. Reducing the number of pallets is overkill.
-Alarm clocks tweaks are pointless, in my opinion. I mean, you don't have time to actually protect them, and it is very possible that you will take longer than 30 seconds to find a survivor that just woke up.
-Add-on changes are extremely bad. Black Box is now a joke, and why on Earth, or Entity's realm, would you use an add-on that makes actions louder? If you want to counter Iron Will, there is Stridor and a generator being repaired is a loud action by itself.
-No option to play as Old Freddy = sadness
They suck and are unnecessary.
The problem with Freddy wasn't that he was strong, it's that he was strong and boring.
The devs should have made Freddy's power more skillful and fun for both sides, but instead they nerfed him.
They also completely butchered his add-on's. Then again, after seeing what they did to Demo's I'm not really surprised.
Not to mention, they didn't give us a way to play as Old Freddy.