Jumping the gun on perk changes
Lucky break was a dreadful perk beforehand and now that it actually has some incentive for being in anyone's loadout (which isn't even for the duration of the match btw, the timer will get destroyed by legion and plague), everyone just straight away goes "Nope this is instantly overpowered and was over-buffed, Scott Spun'd said so and the devs don't know what they're doing reeeeee". Like seriously, you keep complaining that the meta isn't changing and then the devs try to do something different with old perks and you all go nuts about it. News flash- THIS IS HOW YOU CHANGE THE META, by making big perk changes like this and seeing how they perform on the PTB (which isn't even live yet and you still want to moan about it).
Comments
Experienced players are able to estimate how strong the effect of a perk can be, and sure while its not always perfectly accurate we know how strong perks can be and what changes will overall impact even if not always to its fullest extent. And most people understand that this change will be absolutely massive and if kept will make a new meta survivor perk with easy synergy for a overwhelmingly strong effect. Especially if it keeps its current effect of resetting the timer every single time you get healed it will simply be way overturned and people are able to see that.
We can predict all we want just as you get mad at us for predicting all we want, everyone is entitled to give their own opinions
Generally people who have been around and played a lot know enough about the game to make fairly accurate reads and predications on what something will be.
Take trickster for example, it was VERY clear to people within just one game that he was too weak, even if they killed everyone in the match they could clearly see the faults problems and issues with him almost immediately.
They are also (mostly) intelligent enough to know that they could be wrong, and still want/need to see it in practice a few times and know more information before making a firm stance on things.
Scott for example, mostly just said he knows he is personally going to hate dealing with that perk. That's all, he said "potentially overpowered" once that was about it, but overall he is just talking about his personal opinion, the same person whose most hated perk is Iron Will- so I mean, don't take too much stock in opinion versus stating something as a fact.
I mean more in a sense of people following content creators opinions far too much instead of just making their own thoughts on changes
Don't confuse everyone/random people with experienced, and/or sensible people.
I said Power struggle could be really good depending on how it worked because I was unsure at the time, and that it would be niche but funny if it worked the way it actually does now.
I said appraisal is really good for item/key fishing builds, and I was right if you take appraisal and plunders you pretty much get a key every 2/3 games.
Smash hit I said had potential but I don't think they were going to be that great given sprint burst is so much better and that they would probably have to buff it or give it some additional value over the usual exhaustion perks.
Lastly Fast Track I said is a decent percentage but probably not worth the perk slot in the scheme of things, ideally it will get you the amount in gen progress as like, a single toolbox would in a game, a yellow even sometimes. That's not terrible, but not amazing either PTS is superior.
That was all pretty accurate reads imo; and that's what a lot of experienced players said at the time.
I mean, when you play the game for hundreds or thousands of hours, you can get a pretty good idea of how certain changes will play out by applying previous gameplay experience. Overreacting is one thing, sure, but there definitely is a level of truth to people saying the lucky break will be incredibly powerful now. Scratch marks, blood pools and pain noises are the three main ways you track someone when they break LoS. You take away two of those, tracking becomes a lot more difficult. Take away all of them, tracking becomes basically impossible. And breaking LoS isnt an incredibly difficult thing to do, especially in indoor maps. Sure, at loops where you can just see over them this won't do much, but at jungle gyms, especially some of the weird ones like the ones in Shelter Woods and Ormond (I'm sure you know the ones I'm talking about) tracking becomes borderline impossible.
I don't remember anyone ever crying that these perks would be overpowered. Hell, I saw a lot of people saying the exact opposite about smash hit.