My take on the dev update

So firstly, I'm gonna focus more on bad things rather than good things because there's more to explain about changes I don't like. I just want to clarify this, there are some good changes and some questionable/uneeded changes, I don't want to sound as I was only whining or anything.


FREDDY CHANGES

MS changes in my opinion don't make much sense. When playing Freddy you camp a pallet, place one snare on the left, one on the right and then you start a loop. So movement speed barely matters. If you are prepping a loop(trapping it before you even find a survivor) it's not gonna matter as well. Placing snares is not like throwing hatchets, it doesn't need MS changes at all. Sorry to say, but in my opinion it's a pointless change.

The amount of snares. Again, pointless. Freddy's snares are mostly used during a chase, usually you don't need 7 placed at once anyway. This also kinda contradicts this statement "With these changes, we hope to promote more strategic use of his Dream Traps rather than placing them constantly during a chase". Now you are less encouraged to use the traps before chases because you have less of them so you don't want to waste time on planting snares which are gonna be replaced by another snare which you will probably have to set during a chase.

Alarm clock changes. This I like, it's really annoying when you go to wake yourself up then instantly get smacked by Freddy and put into dream anyway.

Addon changes. The only addons I use on Freddy are blindness addons(in case of Object gamers which completely destroys Freddy) and Dresses in imposible skillcheck Freddy meme build. Why? Because I find Freddy's addons so so boring. So any changes are welcome, just please don't make addons useless. And sorry to say that but Black Box already sounds awful.

Overall the changes won't change much. Freddy is still gonna be boring to play as and against so this one is a little bit disapointing. For me passive falling asleep is the most annoying thing in the world, the timer is too short and imo that's the part that should be focused on. Overall Freddy is a noob stomper, against good teams he.. well, kinda sucks lets be honest. Holding W literally kills him.


DEMO CHANGES

Okay, I really hope there's more. Portal movement speed is nice I guess, same with reduced cooldown after leaving portals(entering animation could be also shorter to make the teleport more smooth to use). The undetectable change is pointless again. Demo is extremely loud. You can hear its footsteps from miles away not to mention hisses and gurgles. The best use of Demo's portals is to literally slap them in fron of gens and then use Of the Abyss to protect gens. So the Undetectable doesn't matter at all.

Lets be honest, the most interesting part of killers is using their power in chases and Demo's chase wasn't adressed at all. Everyone knows Rat Liver MS should be basekit. The addons rework is not gonna change much if you can only run one addon(the other slot being taken by Rat Liver). And if Rat Liver gets nerfed the changes would overall be a nerf to an already mediocre(but fun) killer. Personally I think the point was completely missed about Demo but lets see tommorow.

Rotten Pumpkin sounds kinda interesting as it's the only way to reset portal at will as Demo. The purple addon is nice I guess but is it really worth an addon slot? Idk. There's so many matches when you don't even get to use your portals.


HUNTRESS

I am both worried and excited about the addon pass. Both iri addons are useless, that's for sure. Iri heads should never under no circumstances instadown in my opinion and having only one hatchet makes them also awful. Frustrating to verse, frustrating to use. The other addon would make sense if it was a brown addon. When I'm playing Huntress I want to throw hatchets not play an axe lady.

This is a huuuge disapointment. There was so many fun ideas for iri addons. Like richotet hatchets or making it so fully charged hatchets can destroy pallets/walls, even deep wound hatchets or piercing hatchets. In general I think iri addons should be fun, somehow strong and provide a challange. I really like Iridescent Coin on Deathslinger. It is hard to pull of but people will use it to challange themselves and make use out of it. It's very strong when it works but not like you just slam it on and completely destroy survivors. So piercing hatchets for example would be useless most of the time but making them work would be very fun.


TWINS

Completely missed point again. This one is probably the most confusing out of all the changes.

In general I think that players should get rewarded for good plays and punished for bad plays(in a balanced way of course). Now, Victor is getting punished for sucesfully landing the pounce? Yet if you miss and survivor kicks him Charlotte can spam him again 5 seconds later. This makes 0 sense to me. Leave the cooldown after succesful pounces as it was and make the Victor respawn take longer (like 15s ?). Ghostface looses his power for 30s after being revealed even if his power is not that strong yet you can spam Victor every 5-6 seconds. I am really confused.


PERK CHANGES

Overall great. The only worrying one is Lucky Break, I feel it's kinda overtuned but time will show.

I'm also a little bit confused about yet another Borrowed Time buff. It's already stupidly strong and almost everyone who has it runs it.

Comments