Sounds...?

Hey has anyone else noticed a difference in their sounds? or is it just me?

I use Astro A10's I do believe, the ones with the mixamp, Well I noticed that on PC the game sounds very echoey/Surround Sound ish, I have tried to mess with ALL settings to fix this, seeing that its very hard to tell where the heartbeat is, (how far away ect), but then last night I jumped on PS4 and noticed the same thing, BUT on ps4 its not AS noticeable, Was only able to tell because of gen sounds...Am I going crazy and the sounds are the same, or did they tweak stuff?

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    As killer I've noticed something bizarre recently, in which there's basically a pop-in thing going for survivor audio (similar to texture pop-in). You'll be running up to an injured survivor for instance and the audio won't start until you're basically right on top of them, and then you can hear it at a normal range while chasing. It doesn't seem to be an audio occlusion thing either, as this has been happening when people are fully out in the open. It could be an occlusion bug though.

    But I mean...sounds are always scuffed in this game...

    Yeah I've NEVER had any issues with my headset, I love it actually, One of the best headsets i've ever had...Well its a hand me down from my hubby, but they still work amazingly! Everything else sounds fine without being echoey/surround soundish, I mean unless I change the headset thingy to make it sound like that, Its just weird, And making it harder to tell how close the killer is lol.

  • I've been having a problem with trickster. His breathing sometimes sounds like a generator repair.

    • Disable all audio enhancement settings in Windows like Sonic for headphones, as well as inside of any audio software that might have come with your headphones such as "Astro audio"
    • Make sure that in your settings in both Windows audio & any audio software that you are using 2 channel stereo only. Specifically this means do not use 7.1 / 5.1 / 4.1 or "Headphone mode"
    • Inside DBD settings menu make sure the headphones box is checked