The new autohaven is just too dark

Title. Ever since I played on it I thought this. Just played a Nurse match against a bully squad of blendettes. The window is in my face so the screen was a bit darker (keep in mind that for me it is very cloudy outside). Everytime I wanted to blink, I could only see a black-ish silhouette, that's all. I just tried a bit, but after I could only see black and those blendettes were spamming the flashlights while I was fatigued, I just DCed. Guess I will just play something else for the next half an hour. Some game in which I can actually see stuff.

Comments

  • What platform are you on?

    I made a thread here, I'm trying to compile screenshots so we can see what's going on as opinions seem mixed with some like us saying too dark, and others saying it's quite bright.


    @[Deleted User] said:

    As you may have seen a number of us have been complaining that the Autohaven maps are now too dark to play after the graphics update. Strangely, some players here are disagreeing and saying they are too bright. Currently the feedback section has a number of people unhappy about how dark these maps are and are actively asking to have them brightened.

    I was doing my usual "I'll watch people play killer so I don't have to" thing, and I saw this video from Otzdarva.

    https://youtu.be/T_muQ8cPfnM

    and I thought to myself "That's not how my autohaven looks". This seems a little brighter.

    The same day I see a video from Tru3ta1ent.

    https://youtu.be/Cs3uk5hWrAM

    Now this seems more like my autohaven.

    I know there's compression and a lower quality on youtube which has been ripped from twitch anyway but you get the idea in this screenshot

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/LUZDG3C0CZBT/blendette.jpg

    It's very easy for survivors in dark cosmetics to be hard to track.

    I'm curious why in the video Otzdarva's seems.....brighter. If he hasn't adjusted it then this perhaps explains why there is a diverse range of opinions on the brightness here.

    From my research, Tru3 does not use any filters and plays on ultra settings. Otzdarva plays on medium, does not use filters, but may increase the brightness on dark maps (no indication if he has done it here or not).

    So I guess what I'm asking is, is autohaven's brightness just a difference of opinion and perception? or do these maps actually look different for different people?

    Could anyone who says autohaven is dark post a screenshot or what it looks like for them? and anyone who says its bright post a screenshot of what it looks like for them?

    I remember dead dawg saloon had a bug where if you went into the map with graphics on low it would be extremely dark so perhaps there is a bug in the game.


    Could you get some screenshots?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    What platform are you on?

    I made a thread here, I'm trying to compile screenshots so we can see what's going on as opinions seem mixed with some like us saying too dark, and others saying it's quite bright.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/239877/the-autohaven-conundrum

    Could you get some screenshots?

    I will, as soon as my dc ban goes off.

    I'm on PC.

    With no joke, I ran into walls because I couldn't see them. This after 1013 hours in the game.