Curious question about the upcoming pallet count change.

Will the distance between pallets spawning take into account levels with multiple floors, like the Preschool, and The Game?

Comments

  • Didn't they remove most of the pallets from the Preschool last patch anyway? I remember there used to be like 5/6 in there now I usually see maybe 2 or 3.

  • @SenzuDuck said:
    Didn't they remove most of the pallets from the Preschool last patch anyway? I remember there used to be like 5/6 in there now I usually see maybe 2 or 3.

    5-6 what #########? I usually see a max of 2 what steroids are your maps on dude?

  • @Mrbombastic said:
    SenzuDuck said:

    Didn't they remove most of the pallets from the Preschool last patch anyway? I remember there used to be like 5/6 in there now I usually see maybe 2 or 3.

    I usually see 4 to 5

    That should literally be impossible, unless they broke it, or you're just not remembering correctly.

    They worded it slightly odd but I'm sure they mean "inside the badham preschool building" as they mention "outside are now procedural"

  • @Global said:

    @SenzuDuck said:
    Didn't they remove most of the pallets from the Preschool last patch anyway? I remember there used to be like 5/6 in there now I usually see maybe 2 or 3.

    5-6 what [BAD WORD]? I usually see a max of 2 what steroids are your maps on dude?

    "There used to be". There used to be guaranteed two down stairs, one at the front door and then the two each side at the classrooms.

  • pallets are generated as part of map tiles. you have to view the map in pieces. its just a grid of map assets. the preschool is one big asset, so it may not change at all. the game has different tiles upstairs and downstairs, so it should account for the change just fine.
  • @Vortexas said:
    Will the distance between pallets spawning take into account levels with multiple floors, like the Preschool, and The Game?

    Not claiming to know their programming or mindset but I don't believe it does take floor levels into account. I believe this is why when they originally attempted (yes attempted) the last pallet distance rework they had to do a separate patch for Badham preschool.

  • @Vortexas said:
    Will the distance between pallets spawning take into account levels with multiple floors, like the Preschool, and The Game?

    Devs never got that to work properly, I doubt that this will change suddenly

  • SenzuDuck said:

    Didn't they remove most of the pallets from the Preschool last patch anyway? I remember there used to be like 5/6 in there now I usually see maybe 2 or 3.

    Sometimes there's only 1 I think.