Do you still get emblem points for DCs? (/scoring rant thread)
Noticed a game the other day where I didn't pip because the usual 2 points from a DC weren't applied to the Devout emblem. Figured it was a bug at first, but same thing just happened.
Game was 3K (counting the DC, last survivor got hatch) but fell short of a pip because of a silver in devout without the DC compensation after a player got pissy and DC'd before their 1st hook. (Not start of the game either, I'd already hooked someone else & 1st gen popped.) She even broke free at first since I'm doing that stupid basement challenge and tried to hook an inch too far. But goofus didn't get away & took it out on everyone else by DC'ing when I could've double pipped from the snowball I got started. Instead, I'm forced to ease up a ton just so I can MAYBE squeeze a pip out of it (and, moreso, prevent more quitters from guarantying a derank).
The DC compensation is still meant to exist right, right?
I don't pay much attention to that stuff usually, so maybe I just missed them ripping it out when they (kinda sorta) introduced DC penalties? Or is there some stupid loophole (like hooking them first or something) that leaves players a lot of wiggle room to spite you even more than they already can by dying on the hook?
And I know "blah blah blah rank doesn't matter" but I'm trying for rank 1 for the first time, so it actually does matter to me here. And it's taken way longer than it should've despite so many games that would/should have qualified if not for some small detail ######### me over and the desperate balancing line where I've got to play well, but not TOO well, or I wasted my time. Oh, but if I ease up a bit too much, I'm also at risk of all the players getting out and potentially I'm actually deranking. Even the games I'm "winning" feel like I'm losing. The margins are razer thin.
I use to assume it was survivor emblems that depended more on killers participation since you 100% cannot get altruism without them (and can be tunneled out without a chance for lightbringer). In truth, devout & malicious both largely represent the same thing (hook states) and score requirement to pip as killer are all 1 point higher., so t's actually way more dependent on the survivors for killers to rank up. Especially since any one of the four other players might ######### you over on purpose.
No wonder the red ranks are so ######### sweaty. (And naturally the red rank kill averages are much higher than 50% --you'd only derank if they weren't)
Comments