Easy and Effective Trickster Re Work Idea - slowing knives

I know its early to judge where the trickster stands, but everyone seems to agree he needs SOME kindof change


I purpose an easy and effective change, by adding a side effect to his blades.

I believe it takes 8 knives to apply damage, so how about every knife that hits a survivor takes away .5% of there movement speed? While still keeping the normal damage values

I think this change could be big enough that the killer would be much better off but not enough that it would completely break him

This would also help differentiate him from huntress.

Any other ideas are welcome here, and please post a comment if you like it, lets try to keep this thread alive so bhvr can see it!

Comments

  • I personally don't like the idea of fixing a Killer by making their power cause survivors to be equally bad at the game. Survivor gameplay should be consistent with strategy adaptations. Messing with that consistency will be genuinely upsetting for them.

  • thats not necessarily making the survivors equally bad, look at clown, besides if your up against good survivors your knives are going to add up very slowly, sosurvivors have lots of time to realise there current speed (very minimaly reduced mind you) and adapt


    on the contrary, I think it would add more depth to the survivor side as youhave more thing to consider at any point instead of holding w around the loop cause the killer is slow and its a tall cover loop so he can only get 1 knife in every rotation

  • @StibbityStabbity said:

    I personally don't like the idea of fixing a Killer by making their power cause survivors to be equally bad at the game. Survivor gameplay should be consistent with strategy adaptations. Messing with that consistency will be genuinely upsetting for them.

    Id still be interested if theres any other way that it could break the survivors game play, but even noed gives 6% movement speed and at times that can be trivial

  • I love how fast dbd forum posts can be burried without being seen or discussed