My review for trickster, is fun but too weak even at green ranks.
I was purple bordering red at the start when I was playing trickster, now I'm green.
Let's talk about some of the issues I have noticed with trickster.
He moves too slow for a ranged attack that is so weak. Deathslinger and huntress can injure players in 1 hit and end chases much sooner. deathslinger has an add-on that causes exposed and huntress can down in 1 hit with iri hatchet.Trickster cannot do any of this. So either increase his speed (leave TR at 24 still) or increase his power.
I've had a survivor heal mid chase while pelting them with knives. I was so incredibly mad I never felt so mad before. His knives need to either inflict broken, either that or inflict Haemorrhage/mangled. Either add it to his base kit or make it part of hiis add ons because no one is afraid of these knives.
9 times out of 10 main event has been completely useless for me. It's rare enough I even trigger it because it takes so long to build up the meter. But when I do I have no control of when to activate it or not. I can't just save it for later when I really absolutely need it. Imagine Oni being forced to use his demon form within 30 seconds or he loses it and has to start collecting blood again. That's how useless main event is.
His knives when thrown don't count as "chasing" so when I got 3 kills at the end of the match I de-pipped because I practically had 0 points for the "chaser" award. This is very discouraging for new players and people even attempting to use his knives. Because if we de-pip because of his ability even when we do well and get 3 kills then what's the point of playing him?
Now onto some actual good stuff about this.
I love starstruck it's great I inflict exposed on survivors within my terror radius for 30 seconds. I could see myself using this with doctor for about 3 months until it gets nerfed because too many red rank SWFs complained about it.
No way out is great, no complaints from me.
Crowed control is cool but it could be better if it wasn't a hex perk.
2/10 from me.
great perks, fun killer that likes to laugh, However he';s laughably weak and pushed me all the way to green even with NOED and no way out.
Comments
You know he has addons that increase his movespeed while throwing right?
I been doing fine with him at red ranks. Corrupt, pop, monitor, bamboozle.
Usually using movespeed + initial throw rate addons or movespeed + reduced laceration meter addon
his movespeed increase needs to be in his base kit because there is absolutely no reason for him to be this slow by default with such weak ranged weapons
I shouldn't have to use add-ons in favor of something else like trick knives just to be able to maybe catch survivors