I love The Trickster but...

He's abysmally weak.

I spent most of my day working today, and when I finally got home I hoped on DBD and bought ALL-KILL because I had every intention of maining The Trickster. Still do.

But, after playing ten matches with The Trickster in a row, and getting a grand total of five kills across all of those games; I can't really ignore just how bad he is right now. I mean, I'll be the first to admit I don't have the best perks on him right now, and when I started I was at Rank 2 (I'm no longer at Rank 2, in case that wasn't obvious).

The BPs I had stocked up only got me to level 36 (ish) and by the end of the matches, while using offerings to increase my bloodpoints, I managed to get him up to level 40. Pretty much the only decent perks I have are either hex perks (yet no undying, meaning their practically worthless) and noed. Three of the five kills I managed to get in my games were only possible because of noed.

Aesthetically, I love him. And I find his power fun to use (certainly more fun to use than the Huntress' hatchets anyway), yet it's just so bad. If it weren't for the fact that he's so slow, there'd be no justifiable reason to ever use his power over his m1; only for him to get even slower as he uses his power.

Main Event is, again, really fun to use; but unless everything's aligned perfectly, it results in missing the majority of the shots and then getting stunned while the survivors make their escape.

Comments

  • @VioletAzumiSnow said:

    He's abysmally weak.

    I spent most of my day working today, and when I finally got home I hoped on DBD and bought ALL-KILL because I had every intention of maining The Trickster. Still do.

    But, after playing ten matches with The Trickster in a row, and getting a grand total of five kills across all of those games; I can't really ignore just how bad he is right now. I mean, I'll be the first to admit I don't have the best perks on him right now, and when I started I was at Rank 2 (I'm no longer at Rank 2, in case that wasn't obvious).

    The BPs I had stocked up only got me to level 36 (ish) and by the end of the matches, while using offerings to increase my bloodpoints, I managed to get him up to level 40. Pretty much the only decent perks I have are either hex perks (yet no undying, meaning their practically worthless) and noed. Three of the five kills I managed to get in my games were only possible because of noed.

    Aesthetically, I love him. And I find his power fun to use (certainly more fun to use than the Huntress' hatchets anyway), yet it's just so bad. If it weren't for the fact that he's so slow, there'd be no justifiable reason to ever use his power over his m1; only for him to get even slower as he uses his power.

    Main Event is, again, really fun to use; but unless everything's aligned perfectly, it results in missing the majority of the shots and then getting stunned while the survivors make their escape.

    Same, I'd really like to include him as one of my mains. But after a day of attempting to play him and struggling to even get a handful of hooks, I'm not picking him up until he gets some buffs.