Recurring Failure to Close Game

In the last week or two, every time I leave DbD after playing a match, the game itself 'closes' but Steam lists the game as "running." Checking the Task Manager, I can find no instance of DbD actually running. Any attempt to launch the game again is met with a Launch Error: ["Error Code: 30005 (CreateFile failed with 32.)]. If I manually close Steam, this also closes DbD, but restarting Steam and DbD presents the same error mentioned above.

This issue does not occur with any other Steam games, nor does it prevent me from playing any other Steam games, so it seems to be localized entirely in DbD, probably as a result of some recent change. The only work-around I found was to restart the computer, then delete EasyAntiCheat.sys from my computer before DbD will launch. Obviously not the ideal solution, so hopefully there's something that can be done to stop these failed close states from occurring at all.

Tagged: Pending

Comments

  • Yes, exact same issue. For me it also stops me launching Apex Legends until rebooted. You could maybe test this as that's free in steam.

    Also for me Iaee in task manager that the man System process starts using approx 10% cpu when I hit this problem. Something isn't shutting down the EAC system properly