What is with survivors constantly bringing in BNP's in red ranks?

This is something I've noticed recently, but it's like one in every three games I have at least one survivor bringing in a BNP. I don't get it--why? Generator speeds are already fast as is. Even when I play survivor I never bring toolboxes because I don't see the point, and haven't used a toolbox in several months


It just seems like overkill.

Comments

  • I noticed a lot of killers recently stacking up to 4 anti gen perks (ruin, discordance, pop, corrupt) so I guess they use those to push the gens as fast as possible. If base gens was balanced neither side would bring these tools so often but here we are....

  • @Axe said:

    I noticed a lot of killers recently stacking up to 4 anti gen perks (ruin, discordance, pop, corrupt) so I guess they use those to push the gens as fast as possible. If base gens was balanced neither side would bring these tools so often but here we are....

    Maybe it's just me but I've never been in a situation where I wished I had a BNP or some other survivor generator perk/item to make generators go faster

    As killer I find anti generator perks to be more necessary since no amount of skill can prevent survivors from doing generators super fast, especially on large maps with M1 killers, and even with corrupt. The only killers who can contest this are Nurse and Spirit with good add ons.