Cosmetic Contest: Advice?

I'm definitely interested in participating in the charm and cosmetic contest, but my art skills aren't the most amazing. I feel like I might have some good ideas, but I'm worried about the "execution" criteria, and I might not really stand a chance because of that, especially when I remember how high quality the concept sheets were for previous cosmetic contests. Does anyone have any advice for how to create/show off something and actually stand a chance even if my drawing skills aren't fantastic? Does the entire thing have to be made from scratch, or would it be acceptable to draw my outfit over a pre-existing model or image of a character or something?

Comments

  • You could probably somewhat trace the original character and then add your outfit over it but I’m not sure if that’s allowed tbh

  • I'm sure whatever you do will be valid as long as it follows their rules, they've said that your drawing skills aren't really a must.